BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
My wife sent me this picture today of the living room at our new place. The house is only 1000sq/ft.

Goodbye to any resemblance of a good HT system for the next few years.:(

But this will at least give us a chance to get back on our feet after 2.5 years of paying rent and a mortgage.
Well, it looks tight, but I'm sure there something to be done.... well at least the sub could be shoved somewhere in the back :)
Your eD would have hard time fitting it, but maybe something smaller like these :
BOSTON ACOUSTICS RS223 Reflection Series Home Theater Speaker Ea Black | Accessories4less

Matt34

Matt34

I'll figure something out. Hopefully there is room for a semi-proper setup along the far wall in the second picture. The above the fireplace TV mount really is a ball buster though.

Matt34

Matt34

Yeah pretty much the same setup currently in my new house in the unfinished basement. Saving up now to finish it at the tune of $25k give or take.

Denon 4311ci
eD cinema 12 L/C/R
sherwood 8" sub (parts for new sub ordered)
old Samsung 50" plasma
behringer 2030P for surrounds.

Matt34

Matt34

I'll get this thread updated soon, but I recently picked up some Revels.

Got a used pair of M106's in the system, so far so good. 400w going to them crossed over at 80hz to a svs sb 4000 and Arendal Sound 1723 1S. The resolution and lack of any distortion are the first things I've noticed. Definitely a step up from the 1961 monitors. Not sure how i would compare them to my JBL Studio 580's just yet as they have been in the basement for awhile. More similarities than not, i would have to bring them up and do some A/B.
20231017_171759.jpg

Matt34

Matt34

Updating the entertainment center with a proper rack and some new equipment.

The Revel C208 is on sale right now and is very tempting, but I need to see if I have the room for it after everything is set up.

Attachments

Matt34

Matt34

Rack is together and wiring somewhat cleaned up. Waiting on some shorter cables, but man is it nice to be able to access the rack from every side with the removeable panels.

I think I'm going to stick with the Monolith center for now, even though the timber match isn't perfect with the Revels, it fits nicely and performs very well as a 3 way center channel.

Once the Arendal sub sells, I'll pick up a matching PSA sub.

Attachments

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
Matt Looks good like you’re ready to record a podcast. If they’re the model Erin‘s Audio Corner reviewed I believe those speakers are designed to be listened to upside down too. If so have you tried it and do you notice a difference In the sound?

Matt34

Matt34

Matt Looks good like you’re ready to record a podcast. If they’re the model Erin‘s Audio Corner reviewed I believe those speakers are designed to be listened to upside down too. If so have you tried it and do you notice a difference In the sound?
i haven’t tried them flipped over since I took the bracket of the back that keeps it from sitting on the passive radiator.

Matt34

Matt34

Nostalgia sounds pretty good. Pioneer SX-D7000 from 1980, one of the last silver-faced, 42lb beasts.
20240123_145235.jpg

A hasty setup was needed since th Pioneer had been collecting dust in the closet. I had to turn the bass down with the Revel's in the basement, absolutely no sub needed in this room. Using my son's ipad with tidal via a 3.5mm to rca cable. If i do make this a more permanent setup, ill have to figure out a new streamer.
20240123_152748.jpg

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nostalgia sounds pretty good. Pioneer SX-D7000 from 1980, one of the last silver-faced, 42lb beasts.
View attachment 65486

A hasty setup was needed since th Pioneer had been collecting dust in the closet. I had to turn the bass down with the Revel's in the basement, absolutely no sub needed in this room. Using my son's ipad with tidal via a 3.5mm to rca cable. If i do make this a more permanent setup, ill have to figure out a new streamer.View attachment 65487
Looking really good Matt!!

Matt34

Matt34

"Breaking them in." Waiting on some metal stands from Etsy to show up. The Linton stands aren't going to work for this setup.
20240131_154110.jpg

Bobby Bass

Bobby Bass

Senior Audioholic
View attachment 65486

A hasty setup was needed since th Pioneer had been collecting dust in the closet. I had to turn the bass down with the Revel's in the basement, absolutely no sub needed in this room. Using my son's ipad with tidal via a 3.5mm to rca cable. If i do make this a more permanent setup, ill have to figure out a new streamer.View attachment 65487
Looks great congrats! Are those the Revel F36s?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis