Matrix Resurrections. I can't wait for this to be in the theaters

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
I watched it on HBO when I first signed up.

The good: it was the 2nd best Matrix movie.

The bad: calling it the 2nd best Matrix movie isn't really saying much.

C+

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi

C+
Distant second. All of them, 2, 3 and 4 were relatively equal and nowhere near the first one. Granted, the first one was a hard act to follow.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I finally got around to finishing this movie the other night. I started watching it ~5 months ago when I had a one month trial of Crave for 0.98$ I got about 2/3 of the way through, and didn't finish it before the trial ended. I bought the 4K UHD disc for 15$, and decided to watch the last 1/3 of it. Mehhhh. It was.......not good. To say the least. Of course the ending sets up a 5th movie, but I really hope they don't bother making one.

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General
I finally got around to finishing this movie the other night. I started watching it ~5 months ago when I had a one month trial of Crave for 0.98$ I got about 2/3 of the way through, and didn't finish it before the trial ended. I bought the 4K UHD disc for 15$, and decided to watch the last 1/3 of it. Mehhhh. It was.......not good. To say the least. Of course the ending sets up a 5th movie, but I really hope they don't bother making one.
The story is trash. The only great thing about the movie is that it was shot in 6-8k and looks amazing PQ-wise and the Atmos track is top notch. So 10/10 for PQ/AQ but 1/10 for everything else. I’ll give it a 1 because Keanu is badass.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord

C+
No. Just no. Reloaded was a MUCH, MUCH better movie. Revolutions was genuinely disappointing. A terrible movie. But nothing(*) prepared me for the abomination of Resurrections movie. It's not just me, IMDb scores support my own ratings.

(*) Sense8 and Cloud Atlas are big fat hints that the brothers sisters went completely off the rails.

In fact, the most helpful IMDb's user review from RIK-22 is spot on:

First part of the movie, tried to be some kind of self-ironic introspective on the state of movies and even made a direct reference to a Matrix sequel. Now the problem with that kind of commentary is that you effectively break the 4th wall or ruin any idea that this isn't just a movie.

The film then stumbles towards some kind of plot about the new matrix and Neo/Trinity but fails miserably.

The ending is a bore fest of mindless dark action (I mean filmed in the dark) with no tension or point.

Did they have a budget of 10m and a timeline of a week to make this film, it certainly looks like it.

The original Matrix, in my opinion, is the best film ever made. It has perfect pacing, actions, beautifully realised, cool conversations, properly filmed and choreographed action scenes and even manages a philosophical theme, with all that going on. There is tension, people may and do die, there is a purpose to what they want to achieve. It had a serious tone. It established a set of rules, which is crucial to this type of movie. It was an against-the-odds film.

In this, the fights are meaningless, badly filmed, just thrown in for no reason. Neo now just has a super-power and that's it. There is no tension, no one dies, nothing is really at stake, the FX are terrible. When Neo realises, he has Kung Fu abilities again, he has zero reaction, nothing.

Did anyone believe the Japanese train was real? The casting is awful, did anyone care about any of the characters and their terrible acting. It looked rushed, cheap, and amateurish.

The mocking of the original film and it dialog was sacrilege and childish. Showing actual film footage and claiming it was game footage, really?

I suspect the comment at the beginning of the movie, about having to make a sequel, was genuine, so they made the worse film they could.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I never once thought they relied to much on the previous Matrix films special effects. I liked the story line too.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I watched it last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I never once thought they relied to much on the previous Matrix films special effects. I liked the story line too.
It's just so funny how some of us would love a movie and then others would absolutely hate the same movie! :D

It's like, are we watching the SAME movie? But we are. :D

I guess it depends so much on expectations and the mood we are in. If we don't expect much and/or we are in a wonderful/fantastic mood, I think we might love some movies that others absolutely hate. :D

So, with that being said, I believe you were in an AWESOME MOOD! Haha. :D

But I'm glad you enjoyed it!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It's just so funny how some of us would love a movie and then others would absolutely hate the same movie! :D

It's like, are we watching the SAME movie? But we are. :D

I guess it depends so much on expectations and the mood we are in. If we don't expect much and/or we are in a wonderful/fantastic mood, I think we might love some movies that others absolutely hate. :D

So, with that being said, I believe you were in an AWESOME MOOD! Haha. :D

But I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Im glad I enjoyed too. I try watching movies without expectations. The term Resurection in the film's title means artistic liberty for a reinterpretation of something familiar. I went with that and it worked out. People complaining about poor acting in this remake should really look at movies like Sharknado and Conan. Enough said.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Im glad I enjoyed too. I try watching movies without expectations. The term Resurection in the film's title means artistic liberty for a reinterpretation of something familiar. I went with that and it worked out. People complaining about poor acting in this remake should really look at movies like Sharknado and Conan. Enough said.
I never heard the acting was bad. I didn't think the acting was bad. I just didn't like where they took the story.

But in all fairness trying to top the original of anything is very hard to do.

Which Conan is the acting bad? The new one or the older version with Arnold. I love the older version but didn't enjoy the newer one so much. And the older Conan 2 was pretty cheesie compared to the first one as well

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I think acting was just fine with Matrix 4.

I was expecting another awesome mind-blowing trilogy.

I remember seeing the 1st Matrix movie for the first time at my AMC24 theater. Blew my mind and expectation.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I never heard the acting was bad. I didn't think the acting was bad. I just didn't like where they took the story.

But in all fairness trying to top the original of anything is very hard to do.

Which Conan is the acting bad? The new one or the older version with Arnold. I love the older version but didn't enjoy the newer one so much. And the older Conan 2 was pretty cheesie compared to the first one as well
The older ones with Arny :)

M

Movie2099

Audioholic General

I remember seeing the 1st Matrix movie for the first time at my AMC24 theater. Blew my mind and expectation.
Matrix 4 was a complete cash grab from the studios. The story was absolute trash. The only thing they did right was shooting it on 6-8k cameras and the Atmos mix was top notch. Otherwise, you can throw this movie in the dumpster. :cool:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Matrix 4 was a complete cash grab from the studios. The story was absolute trash. The only thing they did right was shooting it on 6-8k cameras and the Atmos mix was top notch. Otherwise, you can throw this movie in the dumpster. :cool:
I think that’s the general consensus.

I thought they were going to start a new Matrix cycle.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai

I remember watching the first matrix after having just purchased my first subwoofer. The scene where they enter the building with the huge bass drop. I was nearly asleep and jumped about 10ft up in the air as it woke me up.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I remember watching the first matrix after having just purchased my first subwoofer. The scene where they enter the building with the huge bass drop. I was nearly asleep and jumped about 10ft up in the air as it woke me up.
I think I had just gotten finished watching one of the new Star Wars movies and was so disappointed in it. So my mind wasn't even that much into anything and my expectation at that point was like ZERO.

And then I saw the first Matrix movie. So that was like going from ZERO to a HUNDRED. :eek: :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis