M

MrModest501

Audiophyte
I recently bought a pair of Polk RT10's to go with my Bose VC-10 center speaker. My question is if I should purchase my rear speakers to match my center or my main speakers, Or does it not matter?

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
id match the mains.. they do most of the work, plus i dont really like bose.

M

MrModest501

Audiophyte
Ya, I know not a lot of people like bose in here, but i didnt know if it would be important to match the center since a lot of the voices and sound is coming from the center speaker.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
All speakers ideally should be timber matched, however that is not always feasible so if one must sacrifice it's usually best to sacrifice the timber matching of the rears. Since your front three are not timber matched (the most important) I wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about timber matching the surrounds

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
You have a Bose center and Polk left and rights? You should have worried more about matching the front three speakers than whether your surrounds match anything else.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
How do you like your Bose center channel now that you have your Polks? Does the center play a lot louder/softer than the mains? Is this the center channel?

www.shopping.com/xPF-Bose_VCS_10

I would recommend the Polk FXi3's or RTi4's for surround. Once you purchase them, you may rethink the Bose center channel if it's not performing up to your expectations. Those 2.5" drivers may not be able to keep up with the Polks.

M

MrModest501

Audiophyte
yes thats it. the bose center sounds pretty good, perhaps if i had a diferent center it might sound better, but since i have nothing to compare to....it sounds great. I bought the silver vc-10 b/c it looks real good on top of the TV unlike the huge centers from most brands. I first bought the bose and then the two polks.

M

MrModest501

Audiophyte
well, i am no expert, hince i was asking for advice, but the center speaker is mainly for voices, the rest can be handled by the polk towers. The bose seem to sound decent and looks REAL NICE. My question wasn't if everyone liked the bose center, it was if it would be more important to match the rears with the center or main speakers.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
More power to you. If it looks great, and sounds great to you, then you've won the race. Hopefully you can mesh the sound of your Polks with the Bose center and be happy as a clam. I'm sure it looks better than my Polk CSi5 that measures 24"x7"x14" and weighs in just under 28lbs.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
MrModest501 said:
well, i am no expert, hince i was asking for advice, but the center speaker is mainly for voices, the rest can be handled by the polk towers. The bose seem to sound decent and looks REAL NICE. My question wasn't if everyone liked the bose center, it was if it would be more important to match the rears with the center or main speakers.
It' more important to match the center with the mains. :(

But, if you are asking weather to buy Bose or Polk for surround, do you even have to ask? :confused:

Last edited:
nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
MrModest501 said:
again....all speakers ideally should be timber matched, however that is not always feasible so if one must sacrifice it's usually best to sacrifice the timber matching of the rears. Since your front three are not timber matched (the most important) I wouldn't lose any sleep worrying about timber matching the surrounds....in other words, it doesn't really matter at this point!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis