Mass Effect 2 Comes to PS3

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
That's right dont rub your eye's the title is correct Mass Effect 2 makes it's way to the PS3 in January 2011. The Official announcement came at EA's GamesCom press conference, if PS3 owners thought their wallets were going to get a rest after the holidays think again........ oh BTW here's the trailer.

Sony's line-up for GamesCon is looking better than what they had for E3.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

templemaners

Senior Audioholic
Microsoft already came out and said Mass Effect 1 wasn't coming over, so that's a bummer for PS3 fans. I guess the next question is, will Mass Effect 3 be on PS3?

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
No official word on ME3 but my guess is that if ME2 sales are good than we might see ME3 but that's just a guess.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Good news as I heard Mass Effect was a great game, but isn't it a little weird to start with the sequel? One of the cool things about Mass Effect 2 was that you imported your character from the first one and that things you did in the first game affected what happened in the second one.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
A big part about the whole Mass Effect series is the continuing storyline and importing your character from the first game which has some consequences for the next. Seems strange they would release Mass Effect 2 without 1. That said, Mass Effect 2 is the best game I have played all year. PS3 owners should be very stoked about this.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
A big part about the whole Mass Effect series is the continuing storyline and importing your character from the first game which has some consequences for the next. Seems strange they would release Mass Effect 2 without 1. That said, Mass Effect 2 is the best game I have played all year. PS3 owners should be very stoked about this.
Is there an echo in here? :p

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Is there an echo in here? :p
The point needed to be stressed. :rolleyes:

But seriously, it would be shame to just release number 2 without 1. The first game was very good, but the dev team did a superb job on 2. The mass effect series is almost like a cross between watching a movie and playing videogames. Beautiful environments and characters, excellent story and sound. The controls and fighting mechanics are the biggest improvement.

Stripes

Stripes

Full Audioholic
To bad I sold my PS3, ME1 was made for PC, ME2 seemed alot more geared towards consoles. I still played the crap out of it though, I think Im up to about 5 or 6 times through each. They really seem to pull you out of this world and put you in theirs, my only problem is I walk around introducing myself as Commander Shepard for about a day after playing it.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
It seems that ME3 is a possibility for the PS3, Ray Muzyka CEO of Bioware was asked if future games will be multi-platform by VG247 and this was his response.

“That’d be a good guess, but we haven’t announced any details on any future formats or anything, or even formally announced Mass Effect 3 yet"

His statement doesn't confirm it will happen but it also doesn't rule it out.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis