Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Still haven't seen GoTG Volume 3, probably going to wait until the home release.

Spider-Man: Across The Spiderverse is out now. It looks amazing, and is getting awesome reviews. This one might pull me into theater. I never saw the first in theater.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
We watched Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania the other night. Overall, I didn't hate it. It wasn't great, but it was better (IMO) than I'd heard, and certainly better than I was expecting. Overall, I'd give it a solid 6/10. The two end credit scenes certainly set up some interesting things going forward for the MCU.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
We watched Ant-Man and The Wasp: Quantumania the other night. Overall, I didn't hate it. It wasn't great, but it was better (IMO) than I'd heard, and certainly better than I was expecting. Overall, I'd give it a solid 6/10. The two end credit scenes certainly set up some interesting things going forward for the MCU.
I actually liked it a lot. I don't expect any of these Marvel movies to be running for Best Picture anytime soon.

But I actually liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would.

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
I actually liked it a lot. I don't expect any of these Marvel movies to be running for Best Picture anytime soon.

But I actually liked this movie a lot more than I thought I would.
I'll give it mildly entertaining. What I realized after watching it is I'm growing old of all these superhero movies. If you're looking for mindless entertainment, which I do sometimes, it fits the bill.

Overall, the plots, and acting, are getting weaker and I feel like they're just trying to woo me with special effects. Which have become ubiquitous. The entire plot can be figured out from the trailers. Like my GF says when she needs a bathroom break, don't hit pause for me. You'll just miss another action scene with more special effects...

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Secret Invasion hit last week. I watched episode 1, but won't get to watch 2 until probably Sunday. Overall, it wasn't bad. It wasn't great either, but a solid start to the 6 episode series IMO. I'm hoping this is the introduction to the Fantastic Four. If they introduce Super Skrull, they pretty much have to introduce the FF. I guess we'll see.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Secret Invasion should be called "Derivative Incursion"
The whole we don't know who is who storyline has been done dozens of times, and done far better.
I just don't buy the story, and having a 74 year old Samuel Jackson phoning in his dubious hero performance for a quick paycheck doesn't help.
Just give the Skrulls Greenland.
I fast forwarded through both episodes and won't watch the rest...they did nothing to make me care.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Yeah, really trying to stick it out here for the rest but there is much wrong with it and really tiring of shows from Disney+ and others stretching what could have been a movie into very slow paced episodes just to keep people on the hook. I mean, I find “Silo” interesting too, but I shouldn’t get sleepy watching these f#%kers.

isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
Thank goodness all the stinkers they have coming have been severely delayed...maybe they will just cancel most of them.
Can't wait to see "Echo" !!
" An unfortunately deaf girl who got her ass beat by Hawkeye, has a series of unfortunate adventures in this new thrilling Marvel event !! "

H

Hobbit

Senior Audioholic
We watched the first episode of Secret Invasion a couple of weeks ago. Don't think we'll watch another.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
I love me some Marvel shows but lately I have been disappointed. Maybe the next season of She Hulk will get back on track. I did like season one.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I've enjoy most of the new Marvels TV series so far except "Secret Invasion" (6.2 IMDb rating) and "Miss Marvel" (6.3 IMDb rating).

I thought I would hate She Hulk, but I actually loved it. :D

I couldn't even finish the 1st episode of Ms. Marvel. Got through 1.5 episodes of Secret Invasion.

Last edited:
isolar8001

isolar8001

Audioholic General
But still quite fun to watch as compared to a number of other recent series from Marvel.
Sadly, that is true.
At this point Marvel just needs to cancel everything in the pipeline and go away for 10 years and start over.
We know that's not going to happen though.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Secret Invasion hit last week. I watched episode 1, but won't get to watch 2 until probably Sunday. Overall, it wasn't bad. It wasn't great either, but a solid start to the 6 episode series IMO. I'm hoping this is the introduction to the Fantastic Four. If they introduce Super Skrull, they pretty much have to introduce the FF. I guess we'll see.
I would like to see a reboot of the FF done right. Probably my favorite comic series in my youth.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis