Marvel movies/TV series Discussion Thread

H

Huey645

Audioholic
It's really good. I'm loving it. Too bad they're only releasing 1 episode a week now, and they're only ~30 mins long.

My wife is the same way, just a casual Marvel fan so she didn't pick up on any of the Easter eggs. My son and I were geeking out.
Netflix hasn't definitely spoiled us with full releases, but I'm not much of a binge watcher, but agree, the show for sure leaves you wanting more.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Watched WandaVision 3. Now in Color. It’s getting better each week. Enjoy the interiors based on TV sitcoms of old. Things happening, eyes beginning to open...

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Just finished watching it. It's starting to come along quite nicely now.

But damn, 30 minutes every week is going to kill me lol.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
Dr Strange
Thor Ragnarok
The Avengers
Avengers Endgame
Now if I could include some of the animated shows the list would change. Still Robert Downey absolutely nailed the Ironman role and is my favorite.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
Watched the third episode of WandaVision, and afterwards it suggested that I watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, and I figured why not. I've seen it at least once, although it was awhile ago, but I was surprised at all the things that are built upon in later movies. Endgame is at least mentioned once in dialog, I think it's the first time they mention Wakanda, but the biggest surprise was with Captain America and his story arc. What Wanda makes him see, later influences his decision to stay back in time in Endgame. Might have to go back and rewatch all the movies now.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Uh oh... I'm about as big a Marvel nerd as you can get!

I also LOVE TOOL!!

Did we just become best friends??!

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just clicked your spoiler tag but didn't follow the link yet. I do know that they changed what S.W.O.R.D. means for the MCU. In the comics it stands for "Sentient World Observation and Response Department". They changed it to "Sentient Weapon Observation Response Division". A small but significant difference in what the organization does. Wanda and Vision are both sentient weapons so it makes sense that SWORD would be involved. In the comics they were put together to deal with off world threats. Seems there's a different purpose for the MCU.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Treb's explanation/corporate history of the "brand" helped too :)
Yeah, it's all MCU now, including DP and the X Men. Deadpool 3 with Ryan Reynolds is officially greenlit now and will cross over with the MCU in one way or another. Think multiverse, and/or possibly the time traveling he did at the end of DP 2.

It's an exciting time to be a Marvel fan right now. I just hope they keep the focus on story, world building and character development instead of just trying to tic all the right sjw boxes. Not that I'm against inclusivity and representation, but there are ways to work that in without hamfisting it and ruining the canon. So far they've managed a pretty good balance I'd say.

I think Wandavision is going to be where we start seeing mutants. Her babies, aka "Wiccan" and "Speed" are both officially mutants in the comics and grow up to become "Young Avengers". So far it looks like they're leaning pretty heavy on the House of M storyline in which Wanda famously utters the line "no more mutants" and depowers 98% of all the mutants in the comics! I'm wondering if they're gonna do a play on that story only instead of depowering mutants, she may end up creating mutants in the MCU!

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Jessica Jones, i've been watching this series all week. I do recommend it. For those who haven't watched it, it's about a woman with super powers she's a private investigator who is also a drunk. Didn't think I'd enjoy this kind of series, much better than I expected.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Jessica Jones, i've been watching this series all week. I do recommend it. For those who haven't watched it, it's about a woman with super powers she's a private investigator who is also a drunk. Didn't think I'd enjoy this kind of series, much better than I expected.
I loved JJ. First season was awesome. Right up there with season 1 of Daredevil. The Purple Man is a legit, frightening bad guy.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Still need to watch season 3. Jessica is unintentionally hilarious. I enjoy the character.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Watched the third episode of WandaVision, and afterwards it suggested that I watch Avengers: Age of Ultron, and I figured why not. I've seen it at least once, although it was awhile ago, but I was surprised at all the things that are built upon in later movies. Endgame is at least mentioned once in dialog, I think it's the first time they mention Wakanda, but the biggest surprise was with Captain America and his story arc. What Wanda makes him see, later influences his decision to stay back in time in Endgame. Might have to go back and rewatch all the movies now.
I recently signed up for Disney+. They (obviously) have the entire Marvel library on there. They also have them in chronological order based upon the timeline rather than when they came out. It's 20 movies long. I started watching it on Saturday night. So far I've only watched Captain America: The First Avenger, but I plan on watching my way through the whole thing. Next up is Captian Marvel.

It's amazing what they did with the universe. The planning required to coordinate all of the movies over a 10 year span, to culminate in Infinity War and Endgame, is awesome. Especially when you compare it to the mess they made out of Star Wars (don't even get me started lol)

H

Huey645

Audioholic
I recently signed up for Disney+. They (obviously) have the entire Marvel library on there. They also have them in chronological order based upon the timeline rather than when they came out. It's 20 movies long. I started watching it on Saturday night. So far I've only watched Captain America: The First Avenger, but I plan on watching my way through the whole thing. Next up is Captian Marvel.

It's amazing what they did with the universe. The planning required to coordinate all of the movies over a 10 year span, to culminate in Infinity War and Endgame, is awesome. Especially when you compare it to the mess they made out of Star Wars (don't even get me started lol)
I was trying to remember where in the timeline Ultron occurs, before or after Chadwick's introduction, but it was before, just pretty cool how Banner at first couldn't get say Wakanda correctly, and then we get a whole movie about it. It was also pretty cool that Captains fears get somewhat played out in Endgame, and while it didn't seem that big of deal to him in Ultron, it's a story line that played out in Endgame.

BTW, just read an article today, and I don't think it's really a spoiler, but sorry if some find it is, but Randall Park is the guy on the radio in the second episode asking about Wanda, reprising his role from Ant Man.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I was trying to remember where in the timeline Ultron occurs, before or after Chadwick's introduction, but it was before, just pretty cool how Banner at first couldn't get say Wakanda correctly, and then we get a whole movie about it. It was also pretty cool that Captains fears get somewhat played out in Endgame, and while it didn't seem that big of deal to him in Ultron, it's a story line that played out in Endgame.

BTW, just read an article today, and I don't think it's really a spoiler, but sorry if some find it is, but Randall Park is the guy on the radio in the second episode asking about Wanda, reprising his role from Ant Man.
Is it? I've been hearing it's actually Jimmy Woo, but I admit that could be wrong. Still ties into Ant Man either way tho!

Jimmy_Woo_2.png

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, that's the guy, and Randall Park does show up in the cast under wandavision cast on IMDB. Kat Dennings does as well, so it will be curious as to where they go with them.
OH! I didn't realize you were referencing the actor and not the character! Duh. :p I knew about Kat too. Shell be reprising her role from the Thor movies. This worm-holey pocket universe stuff plays right into her character.

H

Huey645

Audioholic
OH! I didn't realize you were referencing the actor and not the character! Duh. :p I knew about Kat too. Shell be reprising her role from the Thor movies. This worm-holey pocket universe stuff plays right into her character.
And I didn't realize what his characters name was in the Ant movies. lol Now I'm very curious as to what is actually going on.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
And I didn't realize what his characters name was in the Ant movies. lol Now I'm very curious as to what is actually going on.
There are layers on layers of hidden meanings and deep cut references all through that show. The label on the bottle of wine in ep 1 when translated directly references "House of M". Even the sit-comish dialogue seems to have multiple meanings. A lot of clues pointing toward Mephisto (Marvel's version of Satan himself) being the one behind the scenes pulling the strings right now, manipulating Wanda for some purpose. Agnes (possibly aka "Agatha Harkness", a witch from the comics) references her mysterious offscreen husband Ralph quite often and her bunny's name is "Señor Scratchy". Which is another name for the devil "Old Scratch".

Agnes has several lines throughout the show with meta meanings and deep cut references. One scene where she meets Wanda the first time she does this little hand gesture in front of Wanda while saying "Wanda, charmed!". I see that as a double meaning. As a greeting OR as an observation. As in Wanda has been charmed by someone and isn't completely in control... There are more than a couple of "Devil's in the details" (said Dottie during the 'for the children' meeting) references in the dialogue too. Agnes replies to that line with "That's not the only place he is..." There's a ton of stuff like that littered all through the dialogue. This show is setting up the entire phase 4 for Marvel. This has implications for Dr strange, Spiderman and the Spiderverse, mutants... everything!

I told you guys I'm a huge Marvel nerd!

Last edited:
H

Huey645

Audioholic
There are layers on layers of hidden meanings and deep cut references all through that show. The label on the bottle of wine in ep 1 when translated directly references "House of M". Even the sit-comish dialogue seems to have multiple meanings. A lot of clues pointing toward Mephisto (Marvel's version of Satan himself) being the one behind the scenes pulling the strings right now, manipulating Wanda for some purpose. Agnes (possibly aka "Agatha Harkness", a witch from the comics) references her mysterious offscreen husband Ralph quite often and her bunny's name is "Señor Scratchy". Which is another name for the devil "Old Scratch".

Agnes has several lines throughout the show with meta meanings and deep cut references. One scene where she meets Wanda the first time she does this little hand gesture in front of Wanda while saying "Wanda, charmed!". I see that as a double meaning. As a greeting OR as an observation. As in Wanda has been charmed by someone and isn't completely in control... There are more than a couple of "Devil's in the details" (said Dottie during the 'for the children' meeting) references in the dialogue too. Agnes replies to that line with "That's not the only place he is..." There's a ton of stuff like that littered all through the dialogue. This show is setting up the entire phase 4 for Marvel. This has implications for Dr strange, Spiderman and the Spiderverse, mutants... everything!

I told you guys I'm a huge Marvel nerd!
I'm curious as to what was going with the neighbor when Vision comes out of the house. I don't want to say too much, and maybe it's a little too soon since the episode airs, but there has to be something with the what he is doing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis