Martin Logan Motion® 20, 40 & 60XT Floorstanding Speakers Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
In an ever changing market like the audio market, it is of great importance to keep on innovating and raising the bar higher with each new product. Our friends from Martin Logan is one of those companies that never stop to amaze. I don't know how many of you are familiar with their line of products (more specifically with their Motion Series) but, if you are not, don't worry.... we are going to fix that right away!

Martin Logan made some new additions to their already famous, award-winning Motion® Series and that's what we are going to be talking about in this overview.

Behold the new Motion 20, 40 & 60XT Tower Speakers side by side.
motion-towers.jpg

For best convenience, these speakers are voice-matched with the entire Motion Series products. They feature their advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter and have been designed with a luscious high-gloss piano black finish, subtle angled-top cabinet with soft radius corners and signature Martin Logan perforated grille. The Motion Tower Speakers come in three different "flavors" and there are also some available finishes to choose from. So, lets start!

First, we have the Motion 20 Tower Speaker. It features dual 5-1/2" aluminum cone woofers which are are paired with a rear-firing bass port for extra punch in the low frequencies. In addition, the Folded Motion tweeter it's a design that is supposed to deliver solid low-frequency reinforcement, superb sound dispersion and precise, highly dynamic high frequencies.
motion-20-pair.jpg

• Available in three stunning high-gloss finishes: Piano Black, White & Black Cherrywood.
  • Price: $1,599.95/Pair.
Next up, we have the Motion 40 Tower Speaker. The Motion 40 features an advanced resolution Folded Motion tweeter, a 5-1/2" aluminum cone midrange driver and dual 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofers. According to Martin Logan, part of the secret to the Motion 40's outstanding performance lies in the dual oversized black-aluminum cone woofers paired with a rear-firing bass port. They say that the oversized woofer design creates increased cone area delivering higher output and audibly richer, deeper bass performance than it's slightly smaller sibling, the Motion 20. The also say that the addition of a dedicated mid-woofer promotes an even more open, revealing and authentic sound in the critical midrange.
MLMotion_40_towers.jpg

• Available in three stunning high-gloss finishes: Piano Black, White & Black Cherrywood.
  • Price: $1,999.95/Pair.
And finally, at the top of the series, we have the Motion 60XT Tower Speaker. Maybe some of you are already wondering about what the "XT" stands for..... well, it stands for extreme. And let me tell you it is for good reason. The Motion 60XT speakers play louder, lower, and with very impressive accuracy. Dual 8" woofers and rear-firing bass ports create astonishing deep, precise bass, while a dedicated mid woofer promotes an open, revealing and authentic midrange.
14519571686_f3cbfe518f_b.jpg

• Available in Piano Black and Black Cherrywood.
  • Price: $2,999.95/Pair.

NOTE:
Each model feature dual sets of custom 5-way binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp capabilities and powerful rear-firing bass port. Stability is enhanced to create tighter coupling between speaker and floor with the included spikes.

Let us know what you think about these tower speakers? Are you up for an upgrade?

Last edited:
BrazenC5

BrazenC5

Enthusiast
Last fall when I was putting together a 5.x livingroom home theater, I was set between either Monitor Audio Silver series or KEF Q series, but when I had a chance to audition both, they didnt sound like the right fit to my ears...then the dealer suggested to listen to the ML motion series, and with their tweeter design the highs sounded amazing.

I ended up getting the Motion 20s (L/R) Motion 30 (CC) and Motion 15s (surrounds), and am very happy with the outcome. :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis