Martin Logan Fresco I

bandphan

bandphan

Banned

Well its been a couple of months since i picked up the new center. First off i wanted to get a speaker to match my mains and the frescos mid and upper drivers are identical to the mosaics. At a $999 retail price the speaker isnt inexpensive but what i consider mid priced. First impressions are what i hoped, extreme clarity and vocal detail. Placemant is 15" below the center of my display and dialouge placement is perfect, locating the speaker is all but nonexistent. At 6" deep space is not compromised. The seemless transition from the mains is well accomplished. Multi channel music is also handled well, especially with vocale jazz. The ATF(advanced thin film) drivers work in a similar fashion as electrostaics in the its a push pull based on polarity to generate sound. the follwing are the specs are provided by ml website:

freq resp: 75-20,000 hz +-3db
nom impd 5ohm
senst 90db-2.83v-meter
crossov 500, 3200 hz
power 150w ch
non-resonance asymmetrical chamber
16lbs

The speaker is wall mountable with low frequency adjustment switch.
The speaker is also paintable

Power is provided by a Pioneer Elite 82, and is more than ample.

I am very pleased with preformance, and considering ive being wanting electrostatics the current setup is giving me great satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

palmharbor

Junior Audioholic
center channel speaker

I work part-time at Best Buy for Texas Instruments pushing the DLP sets...there isn't much customer traffic so I help on all products. It amazes me how someone can go for the BOSE
system with a center channel speaker as big as two packs of
PallMall Cigarettes. Bose does not however permit their speakers to be in a physical location so that they can be A-B'd with another mfg.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis