Martin Logan Edge In-Wall/In-Ceiling Speaker Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I've said it several times and I still insist... With the arrival of new audio formats like Auro 3D and Atmos, in-wall and in-ceiling speakers are getting a lot of attention lately. If you are one of those in search for some good speakers, let me tell you about one that really got my attention. The Edge in-wall/in-ceiling speaker belongs to the Stealth Architectural Series from Martin Logan. It has lots of potential and interesting characteristics making it a very good choice for almost every application.

By now you may be wondering what makes this speaker worthy of attention and consideration? I could write a very long article in order to explain it but, instead of doing that, I decided to make a list. Be sure to check them out and let us know what you think!

FEATURES:
  • This speaker utilizes Martin Logan's larger, low distortion Folded Motion™ XTtweeter which is rotatable allowing complete flexibility for both horizontal or vertical installation.
  • High-excursion bass and mid-range drivers.
  • Key to their sophisticated sound is an advanced topology Vojtko™ crossover network. Each crossover is built on top of double-layered, super-thick, black PC boards and constructed with the highest-quality components.
  • Internals including massive air-core coils, thick, high-purity 16-gauge copper wire, low-distortion polypropylene capacitors, low-DF electrolytic capacitors and custom wound inductors.
  • Thermal and current protection.
  • Premium wire connections.
  • Gloss piano-black speaker baffle that hides all mounting hardware.
  • Solid one-piece cast aluminum chassis and bezel-less magnetic grille.
  • Disappears visually into the room, and each one has a completely bezel-less, low-profile, paintable grille for the ultimate stealth installation.
  • A magnetic system secures grilles easily into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation.
  • The driver complements are held securely in place by a flush mounted 3/4-inch solid, high-gloss piano black baffle that hides all mounting hardware.
Price: $1,699.00/each.

Click on the photos for a closer look and product specifications and tell us what you think!
PicsArt_1423883474041.jpg

detail-tweeter.jpg 7106074141_6b0def2557_b.jpg
7106076577_466c6a8c9a_b.jpg

A

allargon

Audioholic General
What gauge cable would these need behind the wall? Would 14 gauge still cut it? Or, would you need to break out the pliers and bend 12 or (gasp) 10 gauge to deliver enough clean power for these thirsty puppies?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis