Marantz sr7013 lost Audyssey cal over night

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
So yesterday I got my new sr7013 all set up and sounding great. Listened to Tidal streaming way too late last night.

Shut everything off (tv remote master power shuts down everything). Went to bed.

Got up this morning and was psyched to start the day off with some sweet sweet music. Fired up the system and see that the system is not applying the Audyssey corrections from yesterday.

In fact the system doesn't recognize that it was even performed. The distance, xover, etc data is there but in the setup -> audio tab Audyssey is greyed out asking for a calibration to be completed.

I tried restoring, but same result. I've tried multiple sources, same result.

Any ideas what's going on?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Its frustrating, but I would do a reset to the AVR, redo the calibration... and see if it happens again. If it does... well, you know something deeper is happening.

You mentioned the TV remote... are you using ARC?
Also, is it plugged in to a constant power source (unswitched wall outlet) vs a switched power source (like a strip you turn off when your done)?

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Its frustrating, but I would do a reset to the AVR, redo the calibration... and see if it happens again. If it does... well, you know something deeper is happening.

You mentioned the TV remote... are you using ARC?
Also, is it plugged in to a constant power source (unswitched wall outlet) vs a switched power source (like a strip you turn off when your done)?
Ryan,

Yeah, I'm trying to not do a master reset, but will if that's the best option.

The system is on a non-switchable power strip that lives behind it all.

As far as ARC, yes from tv to AVR only. This allows me to turn it all off from the TV remote, and aids in mother-in-law proofing (at least this is how I had my sr5007 hooked up for years with no issues).

I've added some pics of the screens mentioned for reference.

M Code

M Code

Audioholic General
Sounds like the memory keep alive circuit is not working... Did U lose the station presets?

Just my $0.02.. ;)

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Sounds like the memory keep alive circuit is not working... Did U lose the station presets?

Just my $0.02.. ;)
I didn't set any stations, but all the other settings I changed were saved.

I agree that it seems like a low voltage, volatile memory system may be the cause.

I'm redoing the cal now to see how it performs today.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Here's a thought.

Would installing the multieq editor app have screwed up the Audyssey? Seems like a direct link, but can't confirm.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Don’t think so... when you do Aud. Calibration through the app, your device is managing the system? Not the AVR... when done, you have to upload the calibration to the AVR.

I agree that it’s a low level memory issue perhaps.

If there is a problem, short of just returning it for s new unit, the tech support is going to have you do a reset anyway. No harm, really. :) and maybe it works after.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Agreed Ryan.

I'll chalk it up to a weird glitch at this point, but if it happens again...reset it is.

PS. Do you need to start a cal from the app to adjust the waveform?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Yes.
The app isn’t as intuitive as I would like, but also not really that hard to use. :) when you fire up the app, perform everything it tells you to. Just remember, at the end, you have to send the file to the AVR... it does not do this on its own.
(Also... could just be my old iPhone 6s, but the Aud app runs hot and sucks down battery for me.)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
One thing if available that you might do to save time is to save the Audyssey configuration in your computer (I can do this with my Denon 4520, not sure if your model has this feature). While it takes a little while to load, easier than re-running Audyssey altogether.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
One thing if available that you might do to save time is to save the Audyssey configuration in your computer (I can do this with my Denon 4520, not sure if your model has this feature). While it takes a little while to load, easier than re-running Audyssey altogether.
Yup, good call. Definitely backing it up this time.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Ok, day 3...no issues.

Thankfully!

Last night I cal'ed in a true 5.2.4 setup, using my existing Phoenix gold IC's that are too narrow, but about right for front/back distance.

Have only been able to upconvert to multi + Dolby surround/neural:x. But even that was impressive. Though, the 4 IC's are too close really causing the the overheads to become a bit of a blob, but I have x2 proper Atmos blurays I rented for tonight to see how it performs.

I do have x2 rbh vm-651l's to install for better audio performance in a 5.2.2 config. Haven't had a chance to get in the ceiling yet to install them. Looking forward to it though.

Thanks everyone.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Nice looking setup. Very clean. Hope everything stays on track.

sven1olaf

sven1olaf

Audioholic
Don’t think so... when you do Aud. Calibration through the app, your device is managing the system? Not the AVR... when done, you have to upload the calibration to the AVR.

I agree that it’s a low level memory issue perhaps.

If there is a problem, short of just returning it for s new unit, the tech support is going to have you do a reset anyway. No harm, really. :) and maybe it works after.
Nice looking setup. Very clean. Hope everything stays on track.
Thanks Littlewing! (My fav SRV track of all time)

The built in driving me nuts, but at least I have a work around while I get it sorted.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
Thanks Littlewing! (My fav SRV track of all time)

The built in driving me nuts, but at least I have a work around while I get it sorted.
Haha, Cool! I hear you on the built in, but you are definitely making it work. Looks damn fine.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis