B

Bigmaker

Enthusiast
Hi Audioholics !
My Marantz Sr7005 gets really hot , I was wondering if I add an external amp will this free up the load off the receiver an allow it to run cooler longer by the speakers running off the amp ?
In other words using the Marantz as a preamp instead of a receiver .

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hi Audioholics !
My Marantz Sr7005 gets really hot , I was wondering if I add an external amp will this free up the load off the receiver an allow it to run cooler longer by the speakers running off the amp ?
How much clearance is above it? You can add fans to pull the heat away and works efficiently.

What speakers are you using, how many?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
All marantz and denon run pretty hot, make sure you have a well ventilated space for it or add active cooling. My marantz processor run hot and that doesnt have any power amp sections in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

B

Bigmaker

Enthusiast
How much clearance is above it? You can add fans to pull the heat away and works efficiently.

What speakers are you using, how many?
Receiver on top of the audio rack
Klipsch (Surround ,center)
Cerwin Vega XLS 15 (Front)

B

Bigmaker

Enthusiast
All marantz and denon run pretty hot, make sure you have a well ventilated space for it or add active cooling. My marantz processor run hot and that doesnt have any power amp sections in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have it on top of the Audio Stand , I run 75% of the volum sometimes and its scary how hot it gets ,
I love the Marantz period !!
So I wanted to add some Marantz Ma500 mono block amps will this work ?

L

Leemix

Audioholic General
I have it on top of the Audio Stand , I run 75% of the volum sometimes and its scary how hot it gets ,
I love the Marantz period !!
So I wanted to add some Marantz Ma500 mono block amps will this work ?
It will be quite hot anyway, using eco mode can help at low volume but isnt a real solution. Check out the ac infinity s and t series coolers, they will help a lot, or just some fan blowing over the top of it.
I also like Marantz but they do run hot.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The fans are the best solution as Leemix stated, but if you want to add an external amp, go for it, it won't change the heat issue though.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis