Marantz Sr6012 and 4K devices Connection

D

Dexstar

Audiophyte
Hello,
I have an Older Marantz SR6012 and I was wondering about connecting a PS5 and Panasonic UB820 to a Sony X900h for better 4K picture? Do I connect them directly to the Monitor because it has newer processing then the receiver.... and or I could connect the Bluray player directly to the TV for video and audio to the Marantz and connect the PS5 to the receiver and use EARC... not sure what is best ?...Confused

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Hello and welcome! You will need to connect the PS5 directly to the TV and use eARC as the PS5 foolishly lacks a second HDMI output port for audio. The blu-ray player can be connected directly to the receiver or you can choose to separate the audio and video and connect it to both the TV and receiver.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure to set the receiver and TV to "Enhanced" mode for full HDMI 2.0/2.1 and HDR compatibility. You will also need Ultra Certified HDMI 48gbps cables for the PS5 to TV and eARC from TV to receiver connections. You may as well get them for the whole system to avoid issues all the way around. Nice setup there. Enjoy!

Make sure you are on your latest firmware on all of your devices. I don't believe the Marantz supported eARC out of the box.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Hello and welcome! You will need to connect the PS5 directly to the TV and use eARC as the PS5 foolishly lacks a second HDMI output port for audio. The blu-ray player can be connected directly to the receiver or you can choose to separate the audio and video and connect it to both the TV and receiver.

Whatever you decide to do, make sure to set the receiver and TV to "Enhanced" mode for full HDMI 2.0/2.1 and HDR compatibility. You will also need Ultra Certified HDMI 48gbps cables for the PS5 to TV and eARC from TV to receiver connections. You may as well get them for the whole system to avoid issues all the way around. Nice setup there. Enjoy!

Make sure you are on your latest firmware on all of your devices. I don't believe the Marantz supported eARC out of the box.
They can add eARC capability to older units via firmware updates?

D

Dexstar

Audiophyte
Thanks for your responses. ... I believe I do have the latest firmware updates.... I just want to make sure I use everything to the best of their capabilities ... the PS5 is more for the kids...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis