Marantz SR-7500 or 8400???

V

vdefrancjr

Audioholic Intern
Hey all. Appriciate all the help in past posts. I was gonna bit on the Marantz 7500 then someone said to look at the 8400. As if this journey hasn't been confusing enough - NOW WHAT - lol.

Sometimes over analizing things is a bad thing.

From what i know the difference between the to is more power, better transformer, lack of auto-setup. I can get the 7500 for $700 or the 8400 for appox $600 (or cheaper as i see from other posts as pricing seems to be falling at this time). Both well below the Yamaha's $750.

I like the looks of the 7500 better with the sealed/folddown door, but looks are much in the end i guess. Am i missing any other details as to the differences? I think the Yammy will be better in some cases, but have settled on Marantz becuase of quality (of parts and sound itself) and i don't think i would use 32 user programmable sound fields - lol.

I have read some posts were people say the 8400 sounds better plus it has more power, but any thoughts from current owners?

M

Marco

Audioholic Intern
As far as I understand the 8400 is an older version, and the 7500 is part of the new product lines. The 8400 does not have THX select, and the 7500 does. The power output difference between the two is only 5 watts, since the 8400 has 7x110 and the 7500 has 7x105. You better go for the 7500; I also suggest that you find out more about the SR-8500 at www.marantz.com

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
THX isnt worth any extra and i think the 8400 was on ubid for 400 bucks or so.

V

vdefrancjr

Audioholic Intern
it was ...... i missed it .... (kick kick) don't remind me - lol

C

cool miles

Audioholic Intern
Listen for yourself

:)
vdefrancjr said:
I have read some posts were people say the 8400 sounds better plus it has more power, but any thoughts from current owners?
Tough buying decisions, why not listen to each in the same system and compare? Any good audio store will have a listening room and let you compare the two Marantz pieces.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis