Marantz Receiver taking over Win7 monitor identity

A

AdrianQ

Audioholic Intern
I pray this is an old problem ,somebody found an answer to.

I run an extended desktop with my pc monitor and my projector . I used to have my monitor & projector plug directly into my video card (ATI) Radeon 5770) and everything worked fine . Monitor (dvi out) Identity was (1) , Projector (hdmi) was (identity (2).
After the purchase of my Marantz SR6012 I had to run my projector to the AVR instead because I needed the OSD and my PC to the AVR.
The problem is the Marantz Receiver is making itself Identity (1) in Win7 no matter what I do. I can change it in Catalyst Control Center but not in Win7 .
So now every time I turn off my projector its mixing up my screens . My projector screen which just has a wallpaper ,now becomes my default screen on my pc monitor . This problem will rectify itself if I switch back on my projector however .
I have read for hours and the only thing I've come up with is . 1. use a hdmi Edid emulator between my pc and receiver so it always looks like my projector is on or 2. Tape up Pin 19 on my Hdmi cable (hot detect pin).
I hope somebody knows of this problem calls me a "twat " and says "all you have to do is ........"

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis