Marantz NR1200 review

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
I changed my mind about the NR1200. Here's the story. I inherited an NR1200 from my mother-in-law, as well as a Sony UBP-X800Mk2 Universal Player. With no purpose other than grins and giggles I paired these units, and thereafter connected the NR1200's 2.1 preouts to the home theater bypass of my Parasound P6 Preamplifier running to Sony TA-N9000ES and TA-N80ES amplification powering JBL L100t3 mains and B380 subs. And from this configuration, I have enjoyed wireless Apple Music streams, Vinyl, and SACD/DSD via HDMI output from the Sony to the Marantz's AKM DAC. One word describes the listening experience, lifelike. And the .1 support, although only providing bass management from an adjustable low pass filter, is nevertheless seamlessly integrating bass for smooth full frequency sound. My discovery, from actual experience with the Marantz NR1200, says this is an ideal stereo Receiver for anyone who wants high end stereo sound from both digital and analog sources at a low-end price. It's main attraction for me is the HDMI connectivity to the Sony Universal Player which permits DSD pleasure from stereo SACDs. The bottom line is the Marantz seems tailored for those who have no interest in surround sound, just easy access to stereo music from traditional, as well as modern recorded music sources.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis