Marantz HDam Design Issues

D

da Choge

Enthusiast
Back awhile on Audioholics (I think) there was a very interesting article or thread that posed some good questions regarding the amplifier stage and output design (per my perhaps faulty memory, it may have dealt with the HDam module) that Marantz uses with its receivers/processors. An audio/electronics engineer had analyzed the circuit schematics and had some good questions regarding the design, perhaps indicating that it wasn't as optimal as Marantz advertises it to be. Does anyone remember this discussion and where I could find a link to it? I've tried several searches, but haven't been successful.

PS. It's been a while since I've posted here. Why is my interface so bad with the Audioholic board protocol? It can't keep up with my typing. Obviously, I have some incorrect settings - I've got to go back and correct every other word. Ahhhh !!!

- da Choge

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Back awhile on Audioholics (I think) there was a very interesting article or thread that posed some good questions regarding the amplifier stage and output design (per my perhaps faulty memory, it may have dealt with the HDam module) that Marantz uses with its receivers/processors. An audio/electronics engineer had analyzed the circuit schematics and had some good questions regarding the design, perhaps indicating that it wasn't as optimal as Marantz advertises it to be. Does anyone remember this discussion and where I could find a link to it? I've tried several searches, but haven't been successful.

PS. It's been a while since I've posted here. Why is my interface so bad with the Audioholic board protocol? It can't keep up with my typing. Obviously, I have some incorrect settings - I've got to go back and correct every other word. Ahhhh !!!

- da Choge
maybe this review:

Marantz PM-11S3 Integrated Amplifier Review | Audioholics

D

da Choge

Enthusiast
Thanks, Gene. That wasn't the reference I had in mind, but I did enjoy the article. Marantz makes some nice equipment in their high-end line.

- da Choge

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis