edvb

Audiophyte
I can get a new AV7705 with full 3 year warranty for $1547.00 from a dealer. I will never game and plan to use this with a Sony 83" A90J on a 6.2 system.

Is this still worth it as it is discontinued ?

Here is my system. I have a Marantz AV7005 now and am using a Parasound HCA-1205A and Marantz MA-500 as amplifiers.
The AV7705 will fit my current faceplate on my rack and the TV will fit my Chief PDRUB mount so everything will swap out easily.

HT Front1.jpg

HT Rear1.jpg

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I can get a new AV7705 with full 3 year warranty for $1547.00 from a dealer. I will never game and plan to use this with a Sony 83" A90J on a 6.2 system.

Here is my system. I have a Marantz AV7005 now and am using a Parasound HCA-1205A and Marantz MA-500 as amplifiers.
The AV7705 will fit my current faceplate on my rack and the TV will fit my Chief PDRUB mount so everything will swap out easily.

View attachment 43790
View attachment 43791
I have been very pleased with my 7705. For your system I see no advantage to buying the 7706. I have a 7.2.4 system with a 4K LG OLED and it does just fine. I bought it 18 months or so ago, and installed it 15 months ago.

The dealer has given you a very good deal indeed.

That will let you take full advantage of your 4K TV.

Unless you are going to go into 8K, then I don't see any advantage to you spending nearly another 1K on the 7706.

If you are like me you buy for the long haul. So unless you want more than 7 channels and 8K the 7705 will suit you fine.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

View attachment 43790
View attachment 43791
If you are sure it comes with the 3 year factory warranty (not 3rd party), then I would say that's a good deal. I had the AV7005, the 7705 has to be much better in many ways.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That sounds like a good deal and would work for your purposes.....

edvb

Audiophyte
If you are sure it comes with the 3 year factory warranty (not 3rd party), then I would say that's a good deal. I had the AV7005, the 7705 has to be much better in many ways.
Yes, it is the same Marantz dealer I bought my AV7005 from. It is a display unit in their large theater room. With Covid it had not been used much. It was installed around Oct 2020 after selling the other AV7005 that was in the rack. I can get another one from a private party for about $150 less after tax but with no warranty.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, it is the same Marantz dealer I bought my AV7005 from. It is a display unit in their large theater room. With Covid it had not been used much. It was installed around Oct 2020 after selling the other AV7005 that was in the rack. I can get another one from a private party for about $150 less after tax but with no warranty.
It is now a 3 year old model so I would say definitely get the one with warranty for $150 more.

edvb

Audiophyte
The dealer rechecked and got it in on Feb 2020. Changed price to $1310 with full 3 year warranty! Then went to BB and snagged a Panasonic DP-UB820-K for $399. Life is good:)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
The dealer rechecked and got it in on Feb 2020. Changed price to $1310 with full 3 year warranty! Then went to BB and snagged a Panasonic DP-UB820-K for $399. Life is good:)
Wow that's the deal of the year! USD right?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis