Audiophyte
Hi everyone, I am considering selling my Marantz
SR8015 and upgrading to separates, Marantz
AV 10 and Amp 10.
is the price worth the upgrade?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
That's quite a jump in cost. What are your expectations particularly? Doubt anything particular audible unless you're exceeding capabilities of the current avr amp section....and might just consider adding external amps instead if so. What are the speakers/layout involved?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Can be difficult to measure “worth”.

A friend of mine is getting his brand new AV10/AMP10 tomorrow.

To him, it’s worth it. Because I told him to sell his Cinema-40 that he got 3 months ago. Also told him to sell his Emotiva amp, Rotel amp and older Marantz amps. :D

B

Blong44

Audiophyte
That's quite a jump in cost. What are your expectations particularly? Doubt anything particular audible unless you're exceeding capabilities of the current avr amp section....and might just consider adding external amps instead if so. What are the speakers/layout involved?
I running 7.2.4 60xti L/R 50xti center, 35xti surround. I’ve always heard that separates. Where are the way to go.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I running 7.2.4 60xti L/R 50xti center, 35xti surround. I’ve always heard that separates. Where are the way to go.
I went from "separates" to AVR, never missed the "separates", and then back to "separates" and did not miss the AVR either. If the SR8015 has more than the output you need for your setup, then unless you need the new features of the AV 10/AMP 10, there is no point, other than the feel good factor to consider.

"separates" in such case (AV Preamp/processor) is a misnomer, take a look of the thousands (did not count so who knows?) parts into the AV 10, I have no idea how anyone could call it "separates".:D

As others mentioned, the price gap between the two is huge, but to some people it is "worth" it, as it depends on the owner's perspective. For example, if your main goal is for better sound quality, then I am positive that you will only hear "things that you never heard before" if you are good at imagining things when given some reasons, or preconditioned by hearsay, as you just indicated that you have been already, so you probably would conclude that it is worth it.;)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Speakers make a much bigger difference than electronics. So if you are happy with your speakers, then the electronics aren't going to give you that WOW factor. The benefit of separates is mainly the ability to replace the pre only for updated features, the amp remains. OR you can get a bigger amp if needed, without changing out the Pre.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis