Marantz 7705 nd Emotiva/Outlaw

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
I am really interested in the forums review about in ceiling Dolby atmos in the $750/pair price range. I am.pretty much settled on Marantz S7705 and Outlaw/Monolith.
I have the Bowers&Wilkins CCM 683 for my 4 ceiling speakers and they sound excellent. But they're $1K/pair.

The smaller CCM663 is in $750/pair range. I see them listed for $800/pair in BB, with 'Open Box Excellent' listed for $600/pair.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I have the Bowers&Wilkins CCM 683 for my 4 ceiling speakers and they sound excellent. But they're $1K/pair.

The smaller CCM663 is in $750/pair range. I see them listed for $800/pair in BB, with 'Open Box Excellent' listed for $600/pair.
Yeah, I also prefer 8" drivers for my ceiling speakers for more dynamics.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks a lot for your input. I will be primarily buying UHD discs from the market that has immersive audio features. I have got a couple. I had a Denon AVR 4500H for $1200. Didnt really see much of a difference. I returned it last week. Now I am without a receiver/pre pro or an amplifier. I am planning to go separates. I am really interested in the forums review about in ceiling Dolby atmos in the $750/pair price range. I am.pretty much settled on Marantz S7705 and Outlaw/Monolith.
Welcome.

Okay so you've got your UHD source material figured out....trust me, a lot of people invest in a 7 ch surround system and rarely if ever actually playback 7.1 content so you're ahead of the game in that regard.

Atmos speakers...$750 pair budget. imo getting a quality speaker is never a bad thing. In this case it's not bad, but might be overkill.

I assume you've heard a decent atmos system I think you mentioned having a couple of discs. If so, then you probably have an idea of the sound from those speakers...mostly sound effects. My whole house speakers were intended to be high quality speakers that can fill a 22'x20' space and another similarly sized area with reasonably good sound for gatherings, parties etc,. A small niche company, Noble-Fidelity offered exactly what I needed and wanted....these were $800 a pair. I wouldn't use a speaker this nice for Atmos unless money was no object.

There are some other brands as good or better than what I have...Triad is another noted brand.

I bought a two pair of Polk R80CI...I think Crutchfield has them for $150 a pr. now....The Noble-Fidelity 8" are more robust, image great and have better bass, but for atmos I'm content with the Polks. I'm just not sure there is much of a return (enjoyment wise) with nicer speakers.

I also like the RSL C34e option I saw earlier.

In either case, it sounds like the build is coming along nicely with the pieces you've chosen so far.

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Thanks a lot for your input. I will be primarily buying UHD discs from the market that has immersive audio features. I have got a couple. I had a Denon AVR 4500H for $1200. Didnt really see much of a difference. I returned it last week. Now I am without a receiver/pre pro or an amplifier. I am planning to go separates. I am really interested in the forums review about in ceiling Dolby atmos in the $750/pair price range. I am.pretty much settled on Marantz S7705 and Outlaw/Monolith.
For atmos speakers, I think you can save a few dollars.

There are some very good in ceiling speakers out there and imo it never hurts to install higher quality speakers...For whole house, I wanted a higher performance speaker for gatherings, parties, etc. The Noble Fidelity 8", at $800 a pr have surpassed my expectations. I just don't think there is much to gain for sound effects.

My retail atmos demo was with paradigm (in ceiling atmos)...iirc those were fairly expensive in ceiling speakers...about 800-1000 a pair.

I ended up with two pairs of Polk R80Ci...8", $150 a pr, $600 for the foursome.

I also like that RSL option mentioned.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis