B

BARRACUDA1968

Junior Audioholic
what do you guys think of magnepans? It has been a LOT of years since I have listened to a pair and remember them being real power hungry. I have been surfing ebay for a pair to hang on my wall.

What other companies make flat speaker like that?

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Great sounding speaker for 2-channel classical, opera or vocal's
Not so great for high energy material or Home Theater applications
They just don’t have the dynamic capability or slam necessary for HT
JMOHO :)

A

AndrewLyles

Audioholic
Good times

Depends what model you are looking at. I've been auditioning the 1.6QRs for a while now and have deceided on purchasing those as my front and using the wall mountable for my surround channels (MMGC? i think) and the CC3 as the center. TRhe MMGC's don't have enough to be used as a home theater front speaker for me, don't get me wrong, if you are comparig with other satallite speaker systems then you will be very happy. I am comparing against other full range systems which is why I am looking at the 1.6's.

They are power hungry, require a monster that can power a constant 4ohm load across all channels. The wall hanging models are pretty dang sweet in my opinion, have nice reponsiveness and an excellent sound for surround speakers. I think if you augment the full set with the proper subwoofer you will be quite happy with a small form set-up.

1 question to the other Maggie-heads in the area.... with the 1.6QRs, how much space do I really need for them. I'm goin to be in a rather small apartment and want to put them flush in the corner. I'm going to try the setup next time I am at my dealer but just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, the Maggie site had one set up on the web site where they were pushed up against the wall. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis