R

regedit024

Audiophyte
hi guys, thanks for letting me join, and forgive me if im posting in the wrong place. i need some help diagnosing a problem im having with this LCD set. it started out as a no power on problem so i pulled the back off and noticed several bulging caps. the caps were available at the shack so i pulled the old ones and replaced them. turned on the set and was delighted to see it power right up, bright and beautiful picture, however my delight was short lived as maybe 10 secs after it powered up, there was a click that sounded like maybe a relay and the screen went dark :( the set still comes on, but it looks like the backlight has gone out, i can see the display on the screen, but just barely.. anyone familiar with anything like this, or have a similar experience? the set is a magnavox 32MD357-B37..

thanks!
greg in pcola

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like it is time to replace it. The caps going bad may have been the first sign that it was at the end of its life unfortunately.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Then the power is not the cap, it could a power transistor or a Y-Board or anything else.
Bottom line I don't think that anyone here has enough knowledge to help you fix it.

The point is - paying anyone else to fix it - doesn't make sense - ether you figure it out yourself or just spend the money to get a new tv.
I faced same choice about a year ago when back then my old 6 year old 42" LG Plasma TV has failed :(
But the upside is - back then I paid almost $1700 for bottom line LG 42" 720p plasma, and a year ago I got a 55" 1080p Panasonic ST series plasma for $1000
Point is technology moves ahead - you could buy 42" 720p TV today for under $350

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis