noclue

Audioholic
I have not seen much about these other than a good post from you tube
I liked that they are very easy to drive
But have not seen them mentioned before in the forum

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
We've seen a bit of posting about Magnat here on AH but not much, I seem to remember some subwoofers that weren't so interesting one guy posted about. I don't think when that thread came up that Magnat had a presence in the US, but I see they do now when I looked this speaker up. The price of $500 each is pretty attractive for a large heavy (37kg/82 lb) speaker, but specs are a bit unbelievable and not well defined on their website. It is rare to see a 15" woofer but I still have a hard time believing it has much capability at 16hz as spec'd. They mention Klippel testing but I don't see any Klippel measurements offered on the site. I'll pass on watching an Andrew Robinson video, tho.

Maybe @shadyJ has some queued up for a review? Or maybe someone could maybe buy 'em and send one off to Amir/ASR or Erin's Corner for some testing.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
We've seen a bit of posting about Magnat here on AH but not much, I seem to remember some subwoofers that weren't so interesting one guy posted about. I don't think when that thread came up that Magnat had a presence in the US, but I see they do now when I looked this speaker up. The price of $500 each is pretty attractive for a large heavy (37kg/82 lb) speaker, but specs are a bit unbelievable and not well defined on their website. It is rare to see a 15" woofer but I still have a hard time believing it has much capability at 16hz as spec'd. They mention Klippel testing but I don't see any Klippel measurements offered on the site. I'll pass on watching an Andrew Robinson video, tho.

Maybe @shadyJ has some queued up for a review? Or maybe someone could maybe buy 'em and send one off to Amir/ASR or Erin's Corner for some testing.
When most companies say that they use Klippel tools for design work, they don't mean the NFS system that Erin or Audio Science Review has. They more likely mean the scanning vibrometer when is used to test driver designs, but there are a lot of Klippel modules that can be used to develop loudspeaker systems.

Anyway, there are no plans for me to review a Magnat speaker, but the design looks so bizarre that I am genuinely curious to see how it measures.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis