P

papostol

Junior Audioholic
I'm dumping my NHTs and thinking about getting the Magnapan HT system which consists of the MMGWs and MMGC. It's under a $1000 and gets great reviews.

I'm wondering if anybody here owns or ever heard this system and can let me know their thoughts on sound and set-up.

Thanks! Pete

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
I've personally never used it, but they worry me a little in the fact that they only play to 16kHz. Also, because of their limited response range (upper and lower), you'd need a good sub.

P

papostol

Junior Audioholic
I'm also a bit curious. I have an SVS sub which is great with music so I'll give that a shot.

X

Xsound

Full Audioholic
I was really interested in this system, but don't have the power to drive it, and the center channel speaker is too wide for my HT cabinet.

After looking I found that I could get the MMG for the front channel for a little more than the MMGW and the response goes down to 50 Hz. Then use the MMGW or even the MC1 for the rears. I thought this was a better set-up, even if a little more expensive.

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hi
Using planer speakers is an unusual proposition for Home Theater applications
they will be smooth and sound very good for music. For home theater
they will have very little dynamic capability or impact, this is a very important
part of a home theater system so the end result will be impressive for
2 channel and very ho hum (no wow effect) for home theater
Happy Listening

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis