Madden 09 Released Today - Anyone buying it?

C

chuck10553

Junior Audioholic
i was actually just at best buy and very close to buying it and then decided to just go and try to get a better price on ebay... so figure if i get it for like 45-50 it will be worth while... shipping though really sux cause then it ends up not being all that great of a deal... o well but yea i am very much looking forward to getting i especially with the picture on the front being Brett even though he isnt a packer anymore :-( GO PACK GO!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
i was actually just at best buy and very close to buying it and then decided to just go and try to get a better price on ebay... so figure if i get it for like 45-50 it will be worth while... shipping though really sux cause then it ends up not being all that great of a deal... o well but yea i am very much looking forward to getting i especially with the picture on the front being Brett even though he isnt a packer anymore :-( GO PACK GO!
This game visually looks great, the gameplay looks really solid as well and seems to run smooth at 60fps:). The new rewind feature is pretty stupid, which basically lets you rewind any play and allow you to do over (worst feature ever!). You will have to do a roster update for Farve to be on the Jets. I think he is listed as either on the packers or as a free agent in the game.

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
After the gameplay on last year's sucked so badly I have decided to swear off buying Madden for a year. I did purchase NCAA 2009 and I'm loving it. The gameplay is questionable at times (e.g. a ball being intercepted by a guy with his back to the QB), especially when you try playing with the less popular teams, but I'm absolutely loving it. Most of the gameplay is awesome, animations are great, amazing SQ, and it has the option- which is a perfect video game offense.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
After the gameplay on last year's sucked so badly I have decided to swear off buying Madden for a year. I did purchase NCAA 2009 and I'm loving it. The gameplay is questionable at times (e.g. a ball being intercepted by a guy with his back to the QB), especially when you try playing with the less popular teams, but I'm absolutely loving it. Most of the gameplay is awesome, animations are great, amazing SQ, and it has the option- which is a perfect video game offense.
Even though madden 08 was a deep game when it came to features, the gameplay was rather dissapointing and really frustrating. Fumbling was a real problem in the game with kick returns and running the ball, on the harder settings the linebackers and cornerbacks were unstoppable, if you threw into any type of coverage the ball was basically automatically intercepted:mad:. Oh yeah and I forgot about the gazillion glitches in the game as well.

MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Audioholic Chief
My youngest son purchased it yesterday. I will have to ask him about the various complaints expressed. I'm not much of a gamer so it's all a little over my head.

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
My youngest son purchased it yesterday. I will have to ask him about the various complaints expressed. I'm not much of a gamer so it's all a little over my head.
I just wanted to clear up that we were voicing our complaints about last years game 08. I do not think anyone here that has posted in this thread has played Madden 09 yet. I think a lot of complaints of last years game with regards to fumbling and superhuman linebackers and db's has been fixed with Madden 09 from what I have read from reviews.

N

nick1000000

Full Audioholic
I enjoyed playing Madden 08 with my friend, but not by myself. We would just laugh at the glitches. It is funny when you make a "next gen" game and let these flaws through. I loved how the animation of the sidelines was synchronized. We once kicked off to the opposing team in THEIR end zone. I will probably wait for a used copy. There is always Madden 10

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Is that better?:cool:

Hahahaha, it was not necessary to change it. That certain shade of green against the colour of the background really strains my eyes after a few seconds. And then if I would just stare at all those bullets my eyes would almost start to water especially when you are looking at it in a very bright room....lol...

Last edited:
darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I haven't bought Madden since they screwed over EPSN, who put out that I thought was a better game.

But I just might have to break down and get this one. My Chargers are STACKED on this version!!!

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
I haven't bought Madden since they screwed over EPSN, who put out that I thought was a better game.

But I just might have to break down and get this one. My Chargers are STACKED on this version!!!
Playing with this year's Chargers would be a lot of fun. Even better was last year's version which was released with Randy Moss still as a free agent. How about an offense with LT, Moss, and & Gates?? Even videogame Tavaris Jackson could win a super bowl with that offense!!

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Playing with this year's Chargers would be a lot of fun. Even better was last year's version which was released with Randy Moss still as a free agent. How about an offense with LT, Moss, and & Gates?? Even videogame Tavaris Jackson could win a super bowl with that offense!!
I would still rather play with a team I like and root for like the Bills or Giants:).

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
That would be nice, but I can't stand Moss as a person, so I wouldn't want him on my team.

By the way, as a Giants fan, are you allowed to refer to Tomlinson as LT??? :p

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
Not me.

There's supposedly a new Tecmo Bowl coming!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis