T

TT-

Audioholic Intern
<font color='#000000'>I currently am own a pair of Mackie HR824 and thinking of upgrading to a full fledge home theater using the Mackie HR824 series speakers. &nbsp;I also own Sony STR-DA7ES receiver and quite happy with a result.
I have couple of delimmas that I like to ask for everyone's opinion. &nbsp;First of all, Sony STR-DA7ES doesn't have balanced output and therefore I can only use RCA pre-out on the Sony receiver to my speakers. &nbsp;If I were to run a 5.1 or a 7.1 speakers... what kind of RCA cable would be &quot;good enough&quot; to maintain the sound quality and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg? &nbsp;I'm planning to run the cable underground and I will need to use a speaker face plate (is this the proper terminology?) to connect to all surround speakers as well as the subwoofer. &nbsp;So, does anyone has a recommended speaker face plate that they like?

Secondly, a friend of mine recommended that I should buy 5 of NHT Vintage SuperZero or SuperOne plus the SuperCenter. &nbsp;That would save me a lot of money and headache since I don't have to run bunch RCA cable around my house... and it is much easier to use. &nbsp;My friend said that home theater would sounds much better if all the speakers are matched and since my receiver doesn't have balanced output... it would helps eliminate a lot of ground loops &amp; static.</font>

Khellandros66

Khellandros66

Banned
<font color='#000000'>I would actually have to suggest going to your local audio dealer and see if he or she can make the cables for you, this will allow a custom length, type of connectors, and it should be affordable. &nbsp;I think its fantastic that you will use the 7ES and the Mackies, I was thinking when I finish tech school and move out that for my studio I would go with 7 Mackie HR824s, place them on stands. &nbsp;I've never heard them but a clasmate owns a pair and says the kick. &nbsp;Those plus a Bag End InfraSub12 plus a Yamaha RX-Z1 or better. &nbsp;Hook those up to a computer/editing system.

God Luck

:)

Bob</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis