M2ts files and A/V Receivers

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
Well I finally broke down and bought a pn50b860 a few weeks ago. Now I am in the market shopping for a receiver.

One thing that I do do quite often is download movies that are in the m2ts format. I tried to play these on my TV by loading one on a usb thumb drive, but it seems the media player that comes w/ this TV does not support the m2ts format. I am wondering if there are receivers out there that I should consider looking at that would support the m2ts format as well as other popular formats?

My receiver shopping has just begun, but the one that has peeked my interest so far is the pioneer VSX-1019. I have read some pretty good write ups on it in other forums.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
To Play m2ts you'll need WD TV Live

About Receiver choice: which features you need? What speakers you have? (my guess nothing yet)
It's common rookie mistake to start shopping for AVR before speakers...

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Well I finally broke down and bought a pn50b860 a few weeks ago. Now I am in the market shopping for a receiver.

One thing that I do do quite often is download movies that are in the m2ts format. I tried to play these on my TV by loading one on a usb thumb drive, but it seems the media player that comes w/ this TV does not support the m2ts format. I am wondering if there are receivers out there that I should consider looking at that would support the m2ts format as well as other popular formats?

My receiver shopping has just begun, but the one that has peeked my interest so far is the pioneer VSX-1019. I have read some pretty good write ups on it in other forums.
As far as I know there are not any receivers that support m2ts natively, let alone any HD video decoding.

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
All right well that really helps me out. I had looked at that WD TV, but could not decide if it was for me. I think I will probably just train my focus on getting me audio system up to speed w/ my video.

So yes I was about to commit the rookie mistake and purchase the Receiver before anything else. I thought that was the way to do it. So can someone here help me figure out the steps I should take on getting my sound system?

B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
Happen to have a ps3? If so, you can use the java media center to stream them. Works great.

M

mblanco2000

Audioholic Intern
So a PS3 can play the m2ts files not problem? What about the Xbox? If I were to buy one or the other I would not need a Blu Ray player correct?

B

bellevegasj

Junior Audioholic
Yes, a ps3 has a blu ray player. An xbox does not.

ps3 media center allows your ps3 to decode flac, iso, m2ts files on the fly. I love it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis