I

Illuminatti

Junior Audioholic
I know most of the members in this forum are SVS or HSU fans but can some of you please comment on M&K Subwoofers specifically MX 125.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

R

ruadmaa

Banned
It may interest you to know that M&K invented the subwoofer.

They make a high quality product.

U

Unregistered

They are also the choice of Super High End home theatre installers. Check out the pricing on the subs, seems a bit high but no one ever complains about the price and for room shaking bass- Lets just say the VX-350 will make plaster fall off your ceiling literally.

U

Unregistered

ruadmaa said:
It may interest you to know that M&K invented the subwoofer.

They make a high quality product.
What source states they invented the sub??

R

ruadmaa

Banned
M&K Invented The Subwoofer

"What sources say they invented the sub"

Very simple my friend, simply go to www.askjeeves.com and ask the question. I have known years that M&K invented the subwoofer but if you wish to confirm- - - simply ask jeeves. Who invented the subwoofer.

I also suspect that the moderators of this forum know that M&K invented the subwoofer. This is a plain and simple fact.

A

aaarick

...I knew it...

...and Steely Dan was the first band who used a sub in their mix.
I had once heard that, as they are a favorite band of mine, and the interview with Ken Kreisler of M&K confirmed it.
I have two M&K subs purchased in '95 and '96 and they're both still kickin' musical notes.

I

Illuminatti

Junior Audioholic
One obvious difference between an M&K and an HSU or an SVS is their internal amp wattage. Assuming both uses an identical amp wattage, will the SVS sound better?

As a follow-up question with the premise that both have the same wattage, will the push pull technology of M&K proved to be inadequate to achieve the perceived sonic supremacy of an SVS?

Comments from M&K and SVS users will be greatly appreciated.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
Illuminatti said:
One obvious difference between an M&K and an HSU or an SVS is their internal amp wattage. Assuming both uses an identical amp wattage, will the SVS sound better?

As a follow-up question with the premise that both have the same wattage, will the push pull technology of M&K proved to be inadequate to achieve the perceived sonic supremacy of an SVS?

Comments from M&K and SVS users will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately Tom Nousaine didn't review this M&K this year nor last in S&V He reviewed a pewny 75watter, M&K V75. :(

I

Illuminatti

Junior Audioholic
M&K Subwoofer

Thanks rycher for that testimonial.

U

Unregistered

>>>Unfortunately Tom Nousaine didn't review this M&K this year nor last in S&V He reviewed a pewny 75watter, M&K V75<<<

Just a FYI---TN did measure the MK 125mkii in 2003 I believe.

Tom V.
SVS

I

Illuminatti

Junior Audioholic
Thanks rycher for that first hand comments. I already bought my M&K MX 125 and it started to unravel itself. I thought all along that the 150 watts was not overwhelming but when i watched Hellboy last night, i was surprised and amazed of how it delivers DEEEEEEP BASS!! :eek: Probably its the push pull design but whatever it is, im starting to adore this baby!!!

H

happy540i

Junior Audioholic
To all M&K fan, you made the right choice. M&K makes excellent speakers that's why Lucasfilm sound system uses them and other big name companies. Just go to their website and check it out. They are not popular with the consumer is maybe because of their pricing. My first M&K speaker system are the S-85's and my subwoofer is an M&K MX-125. I still have this system by the way. Recently I upgraded to the pro series and I have the MPS-2510P for my main speakers. I have 2 MPS-5310 subwoofers. You can feel and hear the bass on these subs. It will deliver clean low frequencies and at the same time shake the room. I dont go to theaters anymore because I think I have a better system than they do. For those of you that are undecided, if you have a chance of auditioning M&k, do it before purchasing a new sub. They're not cheap but you will be happy with them.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis