Low Volume on Denon DVD

65stang

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I've got a Denon AVR 3800 Receiver and a Denon carosel DVD player (don't remember model #, retailed at $1200.00). When I play a DVD, I have to really crank up the volume, but when switching back to an analogue source, I have to cut the volume way back (Analogue gain is set to 0 DB). &nbsp;Also the volume gets louder on the DVD when the format is Dolby Stereo vs Dolby 5.1. &nbsp;Does anyone have any ideas what is going on? I changed out the optical cable for a coax, but that didn't help.

Also has anyone ever reset the processor on a Denon receiver? &nbsp;The reason I'm asking is that the phono input light stays on regardless of the input mode. &nbsp;Thought perhaps the processor's brains were scrambled accounting for the low volume on the DVD.

Thanks</font>

JVC

JVC

Banned
<font color='#000000'>Did you go into the receiver's setup menus, and set the levels for the speakers in the digital output? The ideal way is with an spl meter from Radio Shack and a calibrating disc, such as Sound &amp; Vision's HT setup disc or DVE (Digital Video Essentials) disc. Of course you can go in and adjust by ear. You may need to break out the manual, take your time, and go step by step for this process. This is setting the volume level for each speaker. This will let you set the center speaker's volume a bit higher, so the background music don't drown out the voices, in the movie. &nbsp;I'm taking it for granted that your receiver is doing the processing. If the dvd player is doing the processing, go into the player's setup menus, and do the same thing.
Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress............</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis