Loudspeaker setup with DAC and computer USB, details? what is the best configuration?

N

narandr

Audiophyte
Hello everyone,

I have an active Loudspeaker with 24Bit/96Khz(Wireless) and their inputs accepting 24bit/192Khz Analogue RCA and Optical SPDIF (Dynaudio Xeo 10), but wirelessly it is giving maximum 24Bit/96KHz. And the DAC which is 32Bit/384KHz PCM, DSD256 (no MQA), (D10s)

I have the following questions (perhaps they are stupid for you, but I am new in High-end audio, want to understand):

How it is better to connect DAC to Speakers keeping conversions minimal from A⇾D and D⇾A and avoid upsampling, optical SPDF? The aim is to keep as little as possible sound quality loss.

And what about generally DACs, is it better to have DACs with higher Bit and kHz, because if you give the active loudspeaker better quality files or streaming loudspeaker's integrated amp dealing and downsampling it better? Or you get the same quality in all cases, let say, 96Khz, 192Khz or 384Khz DACs are giving the same quality? Because your speaker is only 24bit/96Khz?

Last edited:
Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
The lowest sampling rate in the chain is going to be the "weakest link" so to speak.

Honestly though, your ears aren't going to hear 96 vs 192 vs 384. I wouldn't worry too much about that. Not saying it isn't "better," but the differences are beyond human hearing.

N

narandr

Audiophyte
I am agree with you, but your answer is not an answer to my questions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis