Loud hum coming from new Cadence sub

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Put it through a workout last night and when I was shutting down noticed that the sub was humming pretty loud. This morning with the system off, I turned it on again. Hum is still there.

Any ideas as to what could be causing it? I assume it's the amp and not ground loop since nothing else is on. Call Cadence?

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
Ron Temple said:
Put it through a workout last night and when I was shutting down noticed that the sub was humming pretty loud. This morning with the system off, I turned it on again. Hum is still there.

Any ideas as to what could be causing it? I assume it's the amp and not ground loop since nothing else is on. Call Cadence?
I had the same issue. Called Cadence and they shipped me a new amp. Let me keep the old one ;) . They usually enclose a .25 cent outlet wall adaptor with your sub (three prong to two) to eliminate a ground loop hum, but it didn't help in my situation. The hum is now fixed, and I've got a second plate amp for some Aura Pro Bass Shakers. (I'll have to put the amp in the crawl space since it hums):)

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Saw your reply over at AVS. Guess I shouldn't double post, but I figured there are more guys over here with this sub.

Thanks alot... :) Peace of mind.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Spoke to Joe at Cadence. If a two prong adapter doesn't fix it, they will send me a new sub. Very nice response.

R

Ron Temple

Senior Audioholic
Adapter didn't work. They are sending me a new sub, return shipping prepaid. Very nice Customer Service.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis