Looking for receiver suggestions.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
I recently upgraded my projector to a epson 5010 and now I need to upgrade my receiver to allow the 3d to pass through. My equipment is in my sig and Im looking for a receiver that has two hdmi outs. Any suggestions are welcomed. I was leaning towards the onkyo 717 but now Im second guessing.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I'm looking for the same sort of receiver and I've decided on the previous model 709 because they have the same features (almost exactly), but the 709 has MultiEQ XT instead of 2EQ.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
I'm looking for the same sort of receiver and I've decided on the previous model 709 because they have the same features (almost exactly), but the 709 has MultiEQ XT instead of 2EQ.
Thanks for the heads up.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
new egg has the pioneer 1222 for $600 this weekend only, but there is a limit of 5 per customer so go easy :D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
It looks as that only has 1 hdmi out :confused:
It does. Do you want to be able to output two independent sources through HDMI or have the same source played through both HDMI outputs? Receivers that can do independent sources are less common. If you just want to mirror the same source and you find a receiver that you like except for it only having one HDMI output, you could get an HDMI splitter like this one for under $25.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
It does. Do you want to be able to output two independent sources through HDMI or have the same source played through both HDMI outputs? Receivers that can do independent sources are less common. If you just want to mirror the same source and you find a receiver that you like except for it only having one HDMI output, you could get an HDMI splitter like this one for under $25.

Will that pass through 3d too?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Will that pass through 3d too?
It says that it has 3D support, and some of the reviewers mention using it for 3D. That product was just one example, too - there certainly may be better ones out there.

C

chadd

Junior Audioholic
Should I change out my hdmi cables while Im at it? All my hdmi cables are about 3 years old, is there any difference in the new hdmi technology that would warrant a new cable?

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
Should I change out my hdmi cables while Im at it? All my hdmi cables are about 3 years old, is there any difference in the new hdmi technology that would warrant a new cable?
No, not really.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I also have the RX-V2500, and I am looking at the Marantz SR6007. It has 2 HDMI outputs. Just curuois, how did you like your 2500?

T

TP143

Audioholic Intern
What is your budget. H/K makes some good stuff in the lessor price category.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Chad, I think the Denon is a wondeful receiver but is it worth the $150 price increase over the Onkyo 709? If you decide on the 709 make sure there is plenty of room for ventilation, the amp section is pretty robust and tends to generate heat. This keeps mine cool to the touch in a rack.
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AB-GP 200mm Blue LED Case Fan
I use a few of these for my amps and receivers, they usually are much cheaper than the retail price listed now, check in at Newegg often and you will find daily deals.
If you decide to get new cabling, I would reco this place, I use them for all cables and never had an issue in all the years I have been using their stuff.
Blue Jeans Cable -- Quality Cables at Reasonable Prices
Let us know what you decide, take care. :)
Jeff

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis