Looking for nice, inexpensive 5.1/6.1 all-in-one package suggestions?

U

Unregistered

I'm hoping to surprise my hubby for his b-day this month with a HTS all-in-one package so I'm looking for suggestions. I'm on a tight budget of 300-700 dollars. Since my budget is limited I'd like to get the most "bang" for my buck. I was considering the Yamaha yht-750 but all suggestions are welcome. I appreciate any help in advance!

U

Unregistered

The Onkyo HT-S667C has been well reviewed on other sites and should be within your price range. Other Onkyo systems have also been well reviewed.

N

Nyssa

Audiophyte
More questions?

I was told by one of the guys at work to get a self powered subwoofer - is this a must? Are there other items that I really need to look for? What are the thoughts about built in DVD players? VCRs?

N

Nyssa

Audiophyte
OK after reading I'd be open to buying components also

If you could suggestion components that would fit into my price range I'd be open to that also. I'd like to get this rolling as his b-day is in two weeks and I've already waited to long!

Mudcat

Mudcat

Senior Audioholic
Go back to Audioholics Home part (use you browser back button) click on the Ultimate System Guide to the right side on the top banner. Click on the $1000 dollar system. Write down the equipment names and models. Do a search on each component find the cheapest price for each. You should be able to get close to the $700 for equipment. Then go to RS, BB or CC and get the necessary cables (Radio Shack Gold, or AR).

U

Unregistered

athena, polk energy make good HTIB, but then you will need a dvdplayer and receiver. built in probs if your dvd player dies and you send it off for repairs than the whole receiver goes with it same applies if it's a vcr dvd comboId say skip the combo and just go with a dvd player

Y

Yamaman

Junior Audioholic
Personally, I like Yamaha and Onkyo. Onkyo is higher end Japanese, and so it will be more expensive. Both brands produce very pure sound and pack a lot of power for even 60W systems.

I have an Onkyo amp for my audio system and a Yamaha 5.1 receiver for my HT system. I love them both.

N

Nyssa

Audiophyte
I think I found one

First - thanks everyone for all the input. I found a Onkyo-HTS777c HTiB at one of our local stores for under $650. I saw most people recommend Onkyo and after thinking about it I figured I best go with an htib since I have to hook it up (any advice in this area is welcome also)! Is this a good deal? System?

U

Unregistered

Hello...I bought an Onkyo, Theatre in a Box, model HT R510. It has a sub, 2 front spkrs, 1 center, and 3 surround. It was on sale at Circuit City for $500...I love it. For the money, I think Onkyo is the best deal around.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis