Looking for Creative Set-up (seeking HDMI to projector and HDMI to sound bar)

R

RER

Audiophyte
Hello all. I have been scouring the internet trying to find a solution to what I thought would be a staight-forward, simple need. I am trying to create the best possible outdoor movie experience for friends and family with the best picture possible and the best sound possible offered by streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, and Prime using my Roku box. For this reason, I wanted my Roku to be able to connect directly to both my projector and to my sound bar as opposed to the sound bar being connected to the line out jack of my projector.

Here are the components that I currently possess: Roku box with HDMI out, projector with HDMI input and only a line out for audio (projector does not support Roku codec), Samsung sound bar (bluetooth and HDMI in and HDMI out) with wireless rear speakers and wireless sub [ https://www.costco.com/samsung-hwq67ct---7.1-channel-home-theater-sound-system-with-rear-speakers-and-wireless-subwoofer.product.100662739.html?langId=-1&krypto=m1oqk6pP/jB5dOvleQCKPi7btEe0TNJ7YSY7VuYlDq+xonYZAjyD+7psVjBgZlQ9JsZLHceCsfLUeMlHULaFtPv1QhAfp3ghkoUzLrNkHNlAoSkWRgXh6R2mxJ5Y5MYqkUTcmdZ8TmqBmPKIuKBu9MOpgYiccveYbG5P25soX/2bCiNDDH9IGUIS5sLxdYMuPYeu2fDohiBsktswf1woNyrwvQQXGRdE7KLysyxIO0avwg7FO2f5qmtE7NMXPhBn ].

1. I considered an audio extractor where I would plug the Roku into the HDMI in of the extractor and the projector to the HDMI out and then the speaker to .... I can only find extractors with audio RCA and optical outs. My understanding is that those connections do not provide as full bodied sound as would an HDMI connection. Is there an audio extractor that extracts audio to HDMI and would support the Roku codecs?

2. I also considered an HDMI 1x2 splitter but those devices do not appear to support HDMI out connection to one audio/video device (TV, monitor, projector) and HDMI out connection to one sound device (sound bar with HDMI in.) Do splitters exist that work with an audio/video device and on the second HDMI out purely an audio device?

An alternative configuration that I have considered would be to ditch the sound bar and satellite speakers/sub woofer (not sure how well that would work outside). The new configuration would consist of the same Roku box with HDMI out, the same projector with HDMI in + line out, and a powered 2-speaker stereo PA with Bluetooth, an XLR in, and a line in. For example: https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/2-rpg10btrvss2-xlr/ https://www.rockvilleaudio.com/2-rpg10btrvss2-xlr/
Once again, I am concerned that any direct audio hook up to the projector will be stripped of the Roku's sound quality. And I think that I read on another forum that there is no such thing as an HDMI to XLR cable.

Finally, if anyone could recommend a projector that supports the Roku codecs, has bluetooth, and HDMI-in and HDMI-out for audio at a price sub- $600, that might solve my problems.

Any suggestions would be SUPER appreciated.

Many thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis