Logitech z906 speakers keep them or upgrade?

M

miklek65

Audioholic Intern
Hi,
i have upgraded my receiver to a sony str-dn1080, i had the logitech z906 as my 5.1 set for movies, now i got it's speakers set up with 5.0.2 with the amp (to test and then maybe upgrade) my main speakers are monitor audio bronze 2-s. i was thinking of getting monitor audio rear surround and center speakers but i'm not sure if the price justify them against the logitec speakers. what benefits would i have? i could sell the logitecs for about 160gbp and then the monitor audios would cost 100+ center and 150-200 surround + a subwoofer, not sure it is worth the money for me, any reccommendations on something other then monitor audios, have you heard of tannoy? sony, yamaha, kef maybe?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Almost any speaker from KEF, Monitor Audio, and others will be a significant upgrade over the Logitechs. The Sony core series if available in your area are usually reasonably priced. But if you already have a pair of Monitor Audio speakers I'd suggest sticking with them for the rest of your upgrades, especially the center.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
The benefits include hearing dialog and various natural sounds from the speaker and not just having tiny tweeters and a booming loud speaker laid over on its side an falsely labeled a "sub" so that most of the sound will come from a driver at near ear level instead of it being mostly treble and upper mids and the rest coming from below on the floor. Basically it will sound more natural.

Virtually any average bookshelf speaker will make you wonder why anyone buys tweeter+bookshelf(sub) box sets.

Very best,

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I'd think about the center before the surrounds as far as changing things up, the logitechs probably do just fine as surrounds for the most part. If you're into multich music then maybe the same speaker all around may be something to aim at....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis