Logitech z-5500, Klipsch IFI, Audioengine 5, or Swans M200?

K

ksteltenpohl

Audiophyte
On strictly sound quality, which system would you buy for your computer for listening to music?
Other recommendations??

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
If bass isn't a requirement, I would say its between the Swans and Audioengines.

SheepStar

WorldLeader

WorldLeader

Full Audioholic
Bass wise though... Logitech hands down. I really enjoy it for movies and games, and it holds its own for music, although it won't be as smooth as some of the "real" speaker options out there.

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I heard the Audioengine 5's a week a go and there pretty impressive. There better than everything you listed except for the iFi. But the iFi is not made anymore.

I

ichigo

Full Audioholic
You know your priorities for audio are not quite "audio" related when the majority of the time you spend with your speaker system is either watching the sub cone bouncing or zooming in and out on the Logitech symbol on the decoder box.

N

Nuglets

Full Audioholic
I know right...I think I almost died of laughter watching those videos.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
For the record, those Logitech systems are GREAT bang for the buck, but the sats have a fatiguing factor. I like the subs just fine, little boomy.

I used to own the Z2200s which had an 8inch subwoofer that was build just like that 10inch. Giant flared port (never heard port noise) and the system as a whole could reach insanely loud levels and still remain clean. I used it outside for parties and it would easily fill my backyard with stupidly loud music. If you have the money and don't mind the sats, they're great speakers.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis