Locking banana plugs worth a try?

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
IMG_1388.JPG

I've got these locking plugs from Blue Jeans. I'm thinking of removing the 4 phillips screws holding the binding post assembly and rotating it so the posts point down.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
View attachment 22735

I've got these locking plugs from Blue Jeans. I'm thinking of removing the 4 phillips screws holding the binding post assembly and rotating it so the posts point down.
I would say it is more secure like that as there is no force pulling down. Unless you want it to come out if some one pulls the wire.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The locking plugs aren't really coming out. The speaker will get knocked over or they will break before they pull out of the binding posts. This is why I no longer use the locking ones on the speaker side.

I actually did flip my terminal cups upside down so they angle down too. nothing but wires attached to mine, so it isn't an issue. Better check those ones if you do because there may be clearance issues if the x-over is mounted to the cup.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I had problems with the Monoprice banana plugs coming loose in my R500 speakers too. I switched to Blue Jeans Cable's locking banana plugs and at the same time began using cable pants from KnuKoncepts and heat shrink to seal it all.

My cables are in no danger of getting snagged and pulling out or knocking the speakers over, despite being 18" (46cm) from the wall.
locking_plugs.JPG

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis