Listening/Speaker position, Room treatment/correction & Speakers

AVUser001

AVUser001

Full Audioholic
Not that this is a new topic or ground breaking, thought this was a insightful video, from Acoustics Insider , on the importance of Listening(Speaker) positioning, Room acoustics(treatment,eq) , even ahead of Speaker selection..

3 big wins

I do see some marketing (on Room treatment) injected towards the end , but overall he got the message out, clearly, I thought ...on getting the basics right, before spending $$$$ on electronics ( Pre/Pro,AVRs,Amp etc) to improve sound quality. Ofcourse, in many cases, not much can be done about room dimensions/proportions , unless it was planned/built with audio in mind from start(dedicated HT rooms) , or listening positions in a general purpose family/living/office rooms...,but right speaker positioning & basic room treatment are essential, before investing on expensive gear.
Do not think most will spend $$$$ on room treatment either , that he implicitly calls for.,but basic things like carpets,curtains,furnitures,books etc, might go a long way, I believe.

Yours truly has been guilty too , on ignoring some of these basics, time to time..,and I do see a number of threads focussed on electronics & speaker selection , so wanted to share, just to make this topic more visible.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis