Linger in the Shadows - "This is not a game"

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I had been reading about this and didn't quite get what they were trying to say. It looks very cool, but the point of it sort of eludes me: they tout it as some kind of interactive digital art, where you have to interact with the video images in various ways to "advance" to the next portion. It intrigued me so I downloaded it last night and played with it for a while. It also has some great sound. It is very interesting so far as there is a lot of stuff to discover. Available for download on PSN for $2.99.

Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
I down loaded this the other night. I don't know just what to think of this game/art??? It would have help if I had some clue as to just what I'm suppose to do. I have figured somethings out and gotten trophys. Not really sure of what they were intending with this. Seems to be limited interactivity, grafixs/animation are not anything special. It's also slow to load compared to a disk based game.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Slow to load because it loads the whole thing. Pretty weird, and extremely short. I got 52% of the trophys which means there is more to explore, but I am also not sure what exactly the purpose was. The creators said "it is about exploring, not about having a specific goal", thus the reason why they don't give you any instructions. It is interesting, but I am not sure it is something I would continue to explore for a long time. I've wasted $3 on worse things :) It is not nearly as entertaining as FlOw or Pixel Junk Monsters or PJ Eden.

LBP out today!!!

Last edited:
Lightning Steve

Lightning Steve

Audioholic
I've also only gotten to 52%. I've done a bit of reading about Linger and gotten a bit better on what to do. One thing said when it "re winds" it meens you have missed something. I found watching it in slow-mo that the statis bar will alert you to things.
For the two dollars it cost I'm not complaining, reminds me of the old "share ware" days of PC'ing.

MidnightSensi

MidnightSensi

Audioholic Samurai
Your supposed to be on drugs to play that game, they leave that out of the instruction manual though.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis