Linear Center Channet

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
If I were to replace my sound bar with 2 high quality book shelf size speakers, small sub and a center channel. The problem is there is no room for a big, high center channel. The 4K TV sits on the medial console and had the sound bar in the front. Replacing the sound bar with a center channel would mean a linear (low height, long and short depth). Is there such a center channel?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Depending on your seating arrangement, you might be able to get by without a center. I would rather have a phantom center created by the left and rights rather than an physical but crappy center speaker. What is your seating arrangement like?

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
If I were to replace my sound bar with 2 high quality book shelf size speakers, small sub and a center channel. The problem is there is no room for a big, high center channel. The 4K TV sits on the medial console and had the sound bar in the front. Replacing the sound bar with a center channel would mean a linear (low height, long and short depth). Is there such a center channel?
I tend to agree with shadyJ.

But, to answer your question, here is my current center channel, the GE SuperSat 50C
https://www.goldenear.com/products/supersat-series

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
For the time I had a little 5.1 "frankensystem" in our guest bedroom, I hand simply made and heavy wood block riser big enough to cover the stock "base" of the TV and raise it 2" so I could fit a center speaker in there. It wasn't enough height to change anything about the sound, for the listening distance.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
The Polk signature series has a super thin center that got good reviews, there's also the klipsch rp-450c. Both of these have enough combined surface area to equal a normal size center channel.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
For the time I had a little 5.1 "frankensystem" in our guest bedroom, I hand simply made and heavy wood block riser big enough to cover the stock "base" of the TV and raise it 2" so I could fit a center speaker in there. It wasn't enough height to change anything about the sound, for the listening distance.
Yeah, I did the same with cinder blocks.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I would go with a riser and center too.

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
Thanks for the great information everyone. I decided to go with a new sound bar. A Sony HT=ST5000. Also purchased a Sony XBR55X930E 4K Ultra HD HDR TV and Sony UBPX800 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray Player.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis