LG CM4360 / What should i replace them with?

iidarklaw

iidarklaw

Enthusiast
I bought these for £140, kinda overpriced for 200 watts, yet you get 2 speakers.
They have an easy set up which is fine for me. The EQ is pretty useless since it's genres, there's no Bass or Treble EQ.

The thing i wanted to complain about with these speakers is the quality they produced (And yes these are brand new);
Firstly, they are very loud but the highest volume is 40?

The bass they produce isn't crisp, it sounds muddy, the treble is too high. Even though they rattle the desk, I wouldn't say
they're worth buying. The bluetooth literally broke itself and using it 2 times. The actually speaker boxes are made of cheap
wood and plastic, looks cheesy with the fake carbon look.

So, does anyone have any better bookshelf speaker suggestions? I'm looking for some with clean, crisp bass and overall
output.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those aren't even remotely close to hi-fi speakers. They're barely lo-fi. It's a cheap system-in-a-box; there's no 200 watts being generated, even at full volume, I can promise you. The question is, how much are you willing to spend? Are you going to replace the entire system or put new speakers with the cheap electronics?

You could get an inexpensive receiver, a standalone CD player, and some decent bookshelves for $600 or less. Of course the total costs will vary depending on features you want, so we can help you best once you tell us your budget.

iidarklaw

iidarklaw

Enthusiast
Well I just want to throw them out and get a new set. And LG say they're "Hi Fi" and "230"? But judging the quality, i can see that's not the truth.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
You'll most likely be happier if you set up a system with separates.

I see you listed the price in Pounds so I'll assume you're in Europe. Even though this is a US website I'm linking to, most of these products can be bought on your side of the Atlantic. Pricing should be somewhat comparable.

Some multichannel or 2-channel receivers, with wireless, USB, and Bluetooth:

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/avreceiver/home-audio/receivers-amps/home-theater-receivers/1.html?home_audio_key[]=usbin&home_audio_key[]=bluetooth&home_audio_key[]=wifi

https://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/category/stereoreceivers/home-audio/receivers-amps/stereo-receivers/1.html?home_audio_key[]=usbin&home_audio_key[]=wifi&home_audio_key[]=bluetooth

Bookshelves (several guys on this forum have tried and LOVE the Canton sound). I'd suggest 6.5" woofers unless you want to go with a sub:

https://www.accessories4less.com/?type=&page=category&action=&id=spkbookshelf&skip_redirect_suffix=&mode=&search_query=&category=&ohms[]=8&thumb_sort=store_price.asc

CD players if you still spin discs. Probably better off getting a Blu-Ray player honestly. Still plays CDs and you won't have to buy another component down the road if you decide to hook this up to a monitor or TV.

https://www.accessories4less.com/?type=&page=category&action=&id=cdplayer&skip_redirect_suffix=&mode=&search_query=&category=&thumb_sort=store_price.asc

Anyway, these are just examples how you could put together a nice little system for around $600 US. Most all these brands you can buy in Europe as well (and from what I've seen, there are far more audio shops to be found over there, while we're mostly stuck with just Best Buy).

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't buy based on watts first of all, that's just mostly poor marketing. An actual amp specification in terms of output may be relevant to a particular amp at a particular specification, but with speakers for output it's meaningless.

The system more resembles an old boom box let alone the speakers being worthy of posting in the loudspeaker subforum :) J/K, sort of. The speakers are probably the least part of this system. Should be in the HTIB subforum except we don't really have one, maybe the soundbar or lifestyle/portables would be closer.

I also think you'd do better with actual components but you need to do some homework. Lots of good articles here on AH about how to choose gear and interpret spec. 140 quid may get an acceptable pair of speakers, but that's just one component. Q-acoustics might be a starting point for inexpensive but good speakers.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis