S

Spokanegolfer

Audiophyte
Just curious if there are any compatibility issues with a 15 year old Lexicon Amp and a brand new Marantz AV8805 pre-amplifier? The system would primarily be for Home Theatre.

Thanks

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Don't know why there would be unless there's some drastic difference in pre-out level and amp sensitivity level....what model of Lexicon amp?

S

Spokanegolfer

Audiophyte
Yes, it's the Lexicon CX-7. They both have RCA & XLR connections.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Dug a little more and found a manual, which indicates sensitivity spec on the CX7 is:

2V input for 100W output at 8Ω, balanced inputs

1V input for 100W output at 8Ω, unbalanced inputs

S

Spokanegolfer

Audiophyte
Good to know! I didn't realize that they were different. Planning on using balanced. I see that the Marantz has an
Unbalanced RCA input : 200 mV
Balanced XLR input : 400 mV Guess I'm not sure of the math formula, can I crank it to 80% or more?
Thanks!

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Good to know! I didn't realize that they were different. Planning on using balanced. I see that the Marantz has an
Unbalanced RCA input : 200 mV
Balanced XLR input : 400 mV Guess I'm not sure of the math formula, can I crank it to 80% or more?
Thanks!
The input sensitivity of the Marantz is relevant to whatever sources you'll use with the Marantz. The pre-out level is spec'd at 1.2V for unbalanced, 2.4V for balanced, and these appear to be nominal ratings. If inclined to do the math, might confirm using this article https://www.audioholics.com/audio-amplifier/amplifier-voltage-gain

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis