Let's talk modems & routers

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
A final follow up to this modem & router thread.

I bought an Arris SB6183 modem and a single Google Router. Today I installed them. While talking to my cable provider, the tech stayed on the phone with me until the new modem was up and running. She told me their standard internet service speed had been just increased from 50 Mbps download/10 upload to 155/15 – at no extra charge :).

Getting everything wired up was easy. Doing the router configuration took too long – Google made me walk through a lengthy set up procedure done via my phone. Too many new user names and passwords were needed :mad:. By then I had gotten impatient just to see if it all worked. It does :).

When I measured my internet speeds, they were 179/18 :D. So far, a single Google router works.

And, no more VoIP telephone. I will not miss all those damn telemarketing & spam callers.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
A final follow up to this modem & router thread.

I bought an Arris SB6183 modem and a single Google Router. Today I installed them. While talking to my cable provider, the tech stayed on the phone with me until the new modem was up and running. She told my their standard internet service speed had been just increased from 50 Mbps download/10 upload to 155/15 – at no extra charge :).

Getting everything wired up was easy. Doing the router configuration took too long – Google made me walk through a lengthy set up procedure done via my phone. Too many new user names and passwords were needed :mad:. By then I had gotten impatient just to see if it all worked. It does :).

When I measured my internet speeds, they were 179/18 :D. So far, a single Google router works.
Hows the wifi coverage?

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
It seems to be fine. I just wandered through all the most distant corners upstairs, and I never lost Wi-Fi .
Awesome! Sorry initial setup was a pain, but it seems to have been worth it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis