Let's see your secondary theater setups

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
Hey guys,

I thought it would be fun to see some of your secondary setups. I'm not looking for your $10,000 Atmos rooms, though if that's your secondary setup more power to ya, I'm looking for your family rooms, bedrooms, kid's play rooms etc.

I recently put together a "Boy Cave" for my 10 year old son. I managed to find a Definitive Technology Pro 800 5.1 speaker pack with Denon AVR 1610 for free on Craigslist. Then I found a good deal for an entry level HSU sub at $100 to run duals. His room sounds fantastic. He's finally admitted that epic surround sound is more important than the tv itself.

Here's a couple shots. Let's see yours!

Attachments

XEagleDriver

XEagleDriver

Audioholic Chief
Secondary 2-Ch rig in youngest son's old bedroom.
- Ascend S2s, dual SVS SB12-NSD, HK3485 stereo AVR, and Oppo 980H.
All are used or B-stock except the ATS absorbtion panels.

He graduated from college and I got a me room!

The On Air sign is from my deceased father's KG6NH ham radio station.
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
I have a couple of rooms at this point, mostly 2 and 2.1 channel for the non-HT rooms. Nothing special, mostly Polk M50's and M70's with or without a sub (BIC F12) for the cheap room fillers in smaller rooms. Cheap and sounds good for non-critical listening. My kids love it for their shows & games. They're spoiled in that when they listen to a TV or tablet without speakers they notice the absolute lack of range.

Love the arcade!! @bigbassdave How do you like the Legends cabinet? I've been eyeing one of those!

Very best,

bigbassdave

bigbassdave

Full Audioholic
I have a couple of rooms at this point, mostly 2 and 2.1 channel for the non-HT rooms. Nothing special, mostly Polk M50's and M70's with or without a sub (BIC F12) for the cheap room fillers in smaller rooms. Cheap and sounds good for non-critical listening. My kids love it for their shows & games. They're spoiled in that when they listen to a TV or tablet without speakers they notice the absolute lack of range.

Love the arcade!! @bigbassdave How do you like the Legends cabinet? I've been eyeing one of those!

Very best,
Your kids sound like my boy. The Legends cabinet is badass. It’s super easy to tinker with, and with the USB port, you can run thousands of games. I have around 1,200 on a flash drive, and I’ve upgraded all the buttons and joysticks with stuff from Japan. Highly recommend.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
No pics but aside from main setup in living room.....have a 5.2 in the bedroom, 7.3 in the workshop, 5.1 in my "summer" spare bedroom, 2ch in another spare bedroom (but the 2ch has no video). Gotta use the older gear up somehow....and I still have stuff left over and aiming at the kitchen one of these days....but it needs a remodel first.

MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Your kids sound like my boy. The Legends cabinet is badass. It’s super easy to tinker with, and with the USB port, you can run thousands of games. I have around 1,200 on a flash drive, and I’ve upgraded all the buttons and joysticks with stuff from Japan. Highly recommend.
Sweet thanks! I've wanted a cabinet or two for an 80's arcade feel in the media room in a corner with maybe some brown/purple color scheme, LED behind the cabinets to capture my childhood arcade fun. There are some options out there these days unlike the past couple of decades, and the Legends seems to be the more popular and accessible one. I was reading the controls can be hooked up to a PC too and so those controls could be used on Steam games too making it a fun way to elbow-to-elbow coop games in addition. Need to try one!

Very best,

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This is our Great Room 3.1 system.

Marantz 8801 pre/pro, Intel NUC HTPC, a couple of BD players, one region free. Left and right MTM in wall, center three way in wall, sub in wall TL. Power amps two Quad 909s one for the left and right the other for center and sub. 1000 watts all channels driven.

When I say it is our system, my wife calls it her system, and definitely treats it as hers!

Tertiary system in the Family Room 2.2 system.

Marantz 8801 pre/pro, Quad 909 power amp on the main speaker, Quad 405-2 on the subs. Main speakers are three way.

The grandchildren like this system for gaming. I like it the winter and listen to it by the fire quite a bit.

Even our six year old granddaughter makes herself at home with it. She is very courteous and makes sure she leaves it as she found it and always remembers the input I left it on. That is more than you can say for the teenagers!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis