Legacy Audio Studio HD Speakers Reviewed

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
The Legacy Audio Studio HD bookshelf speakers are shocking. Usually when someone talks about an American, hand-crafted speaker with amazing high-frequency detail (thanks to a unique tweeter), a top-of-the-line cabinet, and high-end finish options, you start to imagine the price tag going up, and up, and up...but the Studio HD might just surprise you.

legacy-hd.jpg

We found them to offer the type of sound quality that lives up to Legacy's legendary build quality. Did I like these speakers? Well, lets just say I did lose a lot of sleep over them. Read on to learn all about these intoxicating speakers and check out our YouTube video review.

Read our Legacy Studio HD Speaker Review

E

Eli_Morales

Audiophyte
I have listened to these speakers and my experience with them falls in line with Marshal's review. They are awesome!

I didn't buy them only because the price for 3 of these plus shipping to outside of USA was too much $$$ for my tight budget. So I ended up with the Ascend Sierra-2s after experiencing the Sierra towers with RAAL tweeter a day or two after auditioning the StudioHDs. Given that the Sierra-2 is cut from the same cloth as the tower, I would say the sound signature is more similar than different. Neutral, clear, detailed and dynamic. For those with Sierra-1s or 2s... It's more akin to having a Sierra-2 that digs as deep as the Sierra-1 while keeping it's dynamic capabilities. I like my Sierra-2s very very much, but I will always admire and recommend the Legacies to those who are willing to spend on good speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis