LCR height behind AT screen - what's the least worst alternative?

D

Defrost44

Audiophyte
Don't see much info in guides and reviews about height of LCR speakers, so here I try ;-)
Height of room is 6.7 ft. Height of AT screen will be app. 4.8-ish ft from top of ceiling and down. No option for ceiling mount due to concrete house, so have to do the Auro3D-ish approach from my Denon receiver.
I have only one row of seats.
Option 1 below would be my preferable, but would it be noticeable that the speakers are behind lower part of screen?
Please excuse my poor drawing below, where angles and sizes are only for illustration.

Option 1: Place LCR at 3ft height is listening ear height, and will enable the optimal 30-ish degree for front heights, BUT, the LCR will be at lowest 1/3 of the screen, so sound is "below actors mouths"
Option 2: Place LCR at middle of screen height, angled downwards for best FQ-response. This will give app. 15-18-ish degree for front heights, which is not quite enough for height speaker placement.
About opt 1: This would be same height, as if I would have non-AT screen and floor standing LRC speakers. Here the center channel would be even more off vertically below screen.
1648814747415.png

Last edited:
W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
Option one...hope you can mount to ceiling for those height channels for best performance

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
If that’s all you can do I would choose option 1.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis