Large display for my home cinema

D

depechefan

Audioholic
Hi,

I have a dedicated home cinema without windows. I use an LG CX 77" as my display. I would love to upgrade to something which is around 100". Ideally the 97" LG G2 but that's currently too expensive. I was hoping to get something for $6000 or less.

So I have been thinking about either a TCL C935 if the 98" version ever actually materializes... or a UST projector. Maybe the Vava Chroma 4K. The easy and cheap solution would of course be a TCL C735 which is available for around $5000 in Denmark (where I live). But I'm worried that it will be very inferior to my current TV quality wise...

I have 2 challenges if I go for a UST projector: I'm quite sensitive to fan noise and I can't figure out what to do with my center speaker since the projector would have to be placed in the spot where that currently resides...

Any thoughts?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
Does it have to be a UST projector? Or do you have another place to mount the projector? The only time I even really notice the fan noise on my projector is if it's dead quite in my HT room.

D

depechefan

Audioholic
Well, I don't think anything prevents me from using a traditional projector but it would require a lot more work to set it up and I doubt that I could get a projector plus screen for less than 10 to 15k USD

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The Formovie Theater (Fengmi T1) is what I would be considering for a front projection setup if I had to go with UST. You could, a should, realistically do at least a 120" diagonal image in a properly treated theater space. If this is a proper theater space, then that means dark paint/coverings on walls, ceiling, and carpet, otherwise, it's just a room without windows. Which is every other room of your home after dark.

Projectors certainly require more thought and care than a TV does, but the immersion of a projector, especially in a good room, is far more satisfying than what a TV can ever deliver. A TV will always feel like a TV.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis