STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
I have a $300 "gift card" to the HP online store (I received it for signing up with Fios).

So what kind of laptop would a Audioholic need (want) to satisfy any needs that might crop up. I now this is vague but I have $300 I have to use before November something or other...

I'm thinking of trying REW and maybe using it as a music server.

The funny thing is that Fios media manager will do most of what I would want but...I still have this $300 that I will lose if I don't spend it.

Ideas??? (I would probably add up to $300 to get something usable.)

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
In all seriousness, with the included RAM upgrade This should work just fine and be fairly future proof.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
They're kinda cool, playing with one at best buy, but it just seemed so dang small..

Do you already have a laptop?
My wife has one that I could use but she uses it for her online college classes to complete her degree. I'd rather leave that one for her uses.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
My wife has one that I could use but she uses it for her online college classes to complete her degree. I'd rather leave that one for her uses.
Since you don't already have a laptop, I'd get one instead of a netbook. Its so small for daily computing. Managing a music library would be quite tedious on it. You'll also like the storage of a larger notebook...

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Since you don't already have a laptop, I'd get one instead of a netbook. Its so small for daily computing. Managing a music library would be quite tedious on it. You'll also like the storage of a larger notebook...
Pretty mush what I figured...and the laptop has the cd/dvd drive...

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Doug, are you set on a laptop? The HP store sells a number of other things.

Also, they have some fairly high dollar coupons (like, $400 off) fairly often, so I'd suggest keeping your eyes open for those. Dealnews.com (and dealcoupon.com) is one place to see those - but there are other places.

STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
Doug, are you set on a laptop? The HP store sells a number of other things.

Also, they have some fairly high dollar coupons (like, $400 off) fairly often, so I'd suggest keeping your eyes open for those. Dealnews.com (and dealcoupon.com) is one place to see those - but there are other places.
I don't really see any thing else I'd want...:confused:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis