KOSS HV/X/Realistic Pro 60 Foam Pads

cornemuse

cornemuse

Junior Audioholic
I have a set of Koss hv/x rebranded as Realistic Pro 60 head phones. I have replaced the foam pads several times. The originals lasted a long time, but replacements dont last very long at all. Is there somewhere they sell some decent pads that would actually last? I kept the plastic bases the foam is glued to, is there a supplier of foam I could make my own pads with?

-corne-

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
My experience the same when I got some replacement pads for a set of Denon headphones I've had for a long time, originals lasted a lot longer than the first replacement set did with much less use, on second set now. I was just happy to find that I could even get replacements and for the price never occurred to me to diy them....but interested...

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I'd go on ebay and see what they have or check headfi forums plenty of pad info there.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
I have a set of Koss hv/x rebranded as Realistic Pro 60 head phones. I have replaced the foam pads several times. The originals lasted a long time, but replacements dont last very long at all. Is there somewhere they sell some decent pads that would actually last? I kept the plastic bases the foam is glued to, is there a supplier of foam I could make my own pads with?

-corne-
Check the Koss store- they should have something. I would think that new pads won't last as long as the originals because of some environmental policy on chemicals used in manufacturing.

Ramhead

Ramhead

Audiophyte
I hope is not too late but Geekria makes two foam cushions that fit the HV/X. These headphones' sound is very sensible to the cushion thickness. Both models (actually for Grado SR-60/80/125) fit perfectly but the "comfort" version (EJZ-0047-03) is the one I like the most.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
It's possible that the original foam was made from material that's no longer available.

Ramhead

Ramhead

Audiophyte
It's possible that the original foam was made from material that's no longer available.
Yes, it is. I remember the original having a total different feel. The good news is the Grado parts work very well

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis