klipsch thx ultra2 equalized or Synthesis 2/3?

G

grifo

Audiophyte
Hi to everybody!
Which of these two/three systems (or synthesis 4 as well) do you prefer for a 99% cinema use?
room: 6.20mt*4.70mt*2.60mt height

P.s.
Apologize for my english:eek:

Last edited:
I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
Hi to everybody!
Which of these two/three systems (or synthesis 4 as well) do you prefer for a 99% cinema use?
room: 6.20mt*4.70mt*2.60mt height

P.s.
Apologize for my english:eek:
I have heard and demo'd the Synthesis at a reps home. Very very nice.

I'm a dealer of the Klipsch THX Ultra2. Also very very nice. I like that you don't need seperates nor anything proprietary to power them. A decent receiver ($1400 - $2000, we use Maantz) provides excellent power in any sized room. They are excellent with movies when paired with the duel sub config. The speaker itself is not meant for show and really needs to be placed behind screen, in-cabinet, or behind wall. I discount this system fairly heavily here in my market. Abnormal margin in the product allows us to do that and have it still make business sense. I don't know what dealer cost is out of the US market. I think the Klipsch system has a lot going for it and brings some neat characteristics, like 60/90 dispursion, to the table.

What I like better then both (although the Klipsch system is awfully close because it's several $K cheaper after discounts so the "Value Proposition" is a strong one) is the Phase Technology dARTS. I have commented on this system several times so if you do a search on it here in the forums a few things will pop up explaining how it works. It's a fine fine system that, in my opinion, trumps the JBL Synthesis. Particularly in the cost/feature/benefit columns. There have also been a great deal of reviews and awards for both the larger and smaller dARTS. There's sonically no difference between the systems (ranging from $10,500 - $20K+) wether or not you do in-wall, in-cabinet, in-room, or mix-in-match does not matter because it's all designed to sound the same. The only thing that determines which one, large or small / one sub or two, you should go with is the cubic volume of the room.

http://www.phasetech.com/darts-new.html

G

grifo

Audiophyte
Thanks for your reply Intheindustry:)

Several months ago I had the opportunity to listen at the klipsch ultra2... Fantastic! But now To place this system into my mansard is not so easy, if you consider that for me the interios aspects are very important as well (and here in Italy no body imports the in wall version of the klipsch...)
Anyway this is not the only problem: the room shape is very strange and I' m not so practice in equalization so that I need someone able to do that and the only one I know is the dealer of synthesis systems...
Besides everybody know how synthesis systems are suitable for almost any room...
But what I' m not convinced about, is the absence in synthesis systems of dolby true hd, dts MA ect..

Bye :)

Last edited:
I

InTheIndustry

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for your reply Intheindustry:)

Several months ago I had the opportunity to listen at the klipsch ultra2... Fantastic! But now To place this system into my mansard is not so easy, if you consider that for me the interios aspects are very important as well (and here in Italy no body imports the in wall version of the klipsch...)
Anyway this is not the only problem: the room shape is very strange and I' m not so practice in equalization so that I need someone able to do that and the only one I know is the dealer of synthesis systems...
Besides everybody know how synthesis systems are suitable for almost any room...
But what I' m not convinced about, is the absence in synthesis systems of dolby true hd, dts MA ect..

Bye :)
I understand the issues with the Klipsch system. Cosmetically, it can be challenging. I really think that the Phase Technology dARTS system yould do wonderfuly in your space. It's without question one of if not THE best system I've ever heard (I've been doing this roughly 9 years now). It is perfect for challenging rooms. I really suggest reading about it so you can compare it to Synthesis. Phase Tech is part of a billion $ corporation. I do not know if they are in Italy, but if you're interested, I can contact them and see what they say about their world wide distribution?

G

grifo

Audiophyte
Phase Tech is part of a billion $ corporation. I do not know if they are in Italy, but if you're interested, I can contact them and see what they say about their world wide distribution?
This brand has not distributors in Italy.. Anyway I don' t buy anything I've not listened before...

But now I would like to keep between the systems I mentoned above because I have to decide among them (in particular the Synthesis 3 and the Klipsch ultra2):eek: in this month so that I'll be able to go on with the ristructuration of my house.

Bye Intheindustry:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis