E

em4joshua

Audiophyte
Hello all,

I have the Yamaha receiver shown below (Christmas present), but I now need some speakers for a 5.1 setup. I know from the forums that Klipsch is not a top rated brand, but I am looking for peoples' thoughts on this setup vs other options in a similar price range or up to ~$1,500.00. I picked these by trying the different speakers in store until I found what sounded the best. I plan to use it for both a home theater and for music (not sure what percent of each), but understand those are competing interests. I don't have a ton of experience, but a high quality store in town is trying to get me to spend double or more. I am too innocent and uneducated in this area to know what is good for me, but I do appreciate quality sound.

Please help,
Joshua

Yamaha - 875W 7.2-Ch. A/V Home Theater Receiver

Klipsch - Icon 5-1/4" Center Speaker

Klipsch - Icon 5-1/4" 2-Way Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)

Klipsch - 8" 350W Powered Subwoofer
Model: SW 350 SKU: 9502629

Polk Audio - 6-1/2" In-Wall Speaker (Each)
Model: MC60 SKU: 9939396

Last edited:
E

em4joshua

Audiophyte
This is the information I am looking for. I liked the sound in the store, but hard to know how it compares at home. I may have some apprehension about buying without hearing them :).

Thank you

E

em4joshua

Audiophyte
Lol...I was just reading their return policy and it is comforting. Trying not to think about the 18 months 0 interest at Best Buy. I love buying with no interest, but maybe quality is a better choice.

Budabear

Budabear

Junior Audioholic
One of my A/V systems has nothing but Klipsch speakers running off of a Denon AVR-4808CI receiver. I love them and have used them for quite a while. My front and rear are RF3 II's, my sub is a RW12D, and I think my center is a KSC-1. I also use Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 speakers on my computer and have a Klipsch Ifi system for my ipod. My other system is somewhat higher end speakers but no matter what I will not stop using the Klipsch because they are a good price and have excellent sound.

Just my 2 cents. Lol

D

dad311

Audioholic Intern
Choosing speakers is a very personal choice. Everyone here will have a different opinion.

Go to a store that will allow to to demo the speakers in your home and see what you prefer.

Personally, I have Klipsch RF-63s and love them.

N

Nestor

Senior Audioholic
I recently upgraded from 5.2 to 9.2. All Klipsch except for the subs.

Been very happy.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis